005

a/n : hey y'all, i've been more active on tumblr ( @ / chogiout ) these days which makes it difficult for me to come here! but do not worry i will finish this book no matter what,, monthly updates?? probably yes

***

my widened at Namjoon's words, taehyung's fiancé? my eyes trailed over at the stunning princess striding towards the group of handsome men.

"does she know about me?" i whispered to namjoon, watching her eyes settle on me with an amused expression, the kind to give you chills.

It was almost as if it was slow motion, she was stepping towards me in her gorgeous coral gown, her eyes shifted to taehyung's before they arrived at me.

i peeked at taehyung, uttering profanity at the prince because his fiancé is here. swearing at him because he brought me here when knowing his fiancé would be here, he brought a different woman instead of his significant other.

watching taehyung's face turn to me with an amused smirk, i scowled before looking at the sovereignty sauntering towards me. Ignoring the sudden cooeing of the men behind me.

"oh it's about to go down!" jimin whispered, loud enough for me to hear, unfortunately.

i froze in my position when she came near me, standing with her right eyebrow cocked up. "and who are you?" she queried and i felt as if i should hide in the deepest holes of the world.

putting on a small smile, "i'm soojung, park soojung." i extended my hand over to her, she dismissed me and rather glanced at taehyung pulling back my hand i took a notch towards namjoon.

"who is she? another one of your playmates?" she sneered at taehyung, who seemed to be leaning on the stool behind him with his goblet of wine.

"she's my date, bona." he muttered before drinking up his wine, casually glancing at me before winking.

"you must have already know who i am, but for clarification. i'm lee bona, princess of jeju, taehyung's fiancé." listening to the superiority in her voice made me feel even smaller than i was, even though our heights were almost the same i still felt much smaller.

i gave her a small smile, watching her brush past me towards the back of the room. probably for her business endeavours.i let out a sigh of relaxation, feeling the atmosphere loosen up, i turned around to see the men shaking their heads.

"so that's why, we want you to marry our beloved ass, taehyung." hoseok muttered to which everyone agreed on. i scoffed and looked at taehyung's face, why would i marry him?

"um, no thanks." i let out, eyeing their faces morph into shock.

"did the kim taehyung, the crown prince of south korea! just get rejected by his own date?!"

"oh my god, i never thought this day would come!"

"now we really want you to wed him."

"guys stop, you're overwhelming her." namjoon uttered beside me, mouthing a quick thank you, i took a seat next to Jimin.

"i smell a love triangle!" he cooed at me, rolling my eyes i asked him to, "fuck off."

***

needless to say, the ball was an absolute disaster, there were numerous articles composed about me and Taehyung attending the extravaganza together. despite the fact that he already has a fiancé he could have gone with.

the university wasn't helping in this either because now everyone looked at me with odd glints in their eyes, but since namjoon wasn't recognized i stayed with him for the rest of the week.

periodically eating brunch after the aesthetic bistros the university had ownership over, "you know you've been in the news a lot these days," i heard namjoon mutter, seeing him gulp on his orange juice.

"i know and it's that stupid friend of yours, the so called crown prince of his own world!" i let out a scoff, hearing him chuckle at my words.

"don't worry, the press will forget about it eventually." he began again, "oh by the way, have you heard from him?"

i nodded my head in a 'no' notion, watching his mouth turn into an 'o' shape. "you should be careful around him, he's sometimes not who he seems to be."

i nodded, "mom was right, i shouldn't have spoken to royals, all they bring is chaos."

"hey, i didn't bring any!" namjoon whined and i stuck a tongue out at him playfully.

suddenly the ringer on his phone took off and he pardoned himself to pick it up, i scoffed at their manners while swiftly recalling how his pinky lifted up when he sipped on the juice.

"ah, are you sure?" i crossed my eyebrows at the sudden frown on his face, he glanced at me with a small smile before hanging up.

"so—um, you recall jimin? prince of busan?" he questioned.

"yea, what about him?" i asked before focusing on the coffee cup in my hands.

"he's holding a small get together, with just us and was wondering if you'd like to join us?" he asked and i looked up at him.

"why am i being invited? isn't it for you guys only?" I asked, slightly confused.

"i don't know, he said something along the lines of 'wanting to see the love triangle in person', you know what he's talking about?"

i shrugged, "i think he's out of his mind," hearing him laugh and agree.

"fine, i'll come." i muttered, seeing him jump in his seat with excitement.

"great, he'll send a car for you at your house." he continued, "sharp at 7!"

i nodded, before thinking i hope this doesn't cause any more rouble than what's already been going on.