Chapter 13

Vant slowly cruised down the street. No music played on his ride home instead thoughts occupied the quiet car. It was what Vant did every time he had just re upped and with the amount of work he had stashed in the back of his truck he didn't like music to distract him from being focused. A sense of relief flushed his body as he turned into his street. Transporting the drugs was the hard part, now all he had to do was put a few calls in and his work would sell like hotcakes. Niggas knew he had the best product in the streets right now, so business was booming. Vant frowned when he noticed the old chevy parked a small ways down from his crib. He had never seen the car on the block before and Vant was very alert when it came to his surrounding period, especially around his crib. Vant reached up and pushed the button to his garage door no longer feeling comfortable enough to just pull in the front. Something wasn't right, he could feel it. One thing about him he never ignored his intuition. He turned the car off and pulled out his iPhone to call his dad. 

"Aye pops you home"? Vant asked popping the trunk and retrieving his goods from the back. 

"Yeah Vant whats going on"? he asked instantly noticing that something was going on with his son. He knew him too well for it to go unnoticed and not speak on it.

"I don't know pops my gut just telling me something up, I pulled up to the crib and noticed a chevy I ain't never seen over here before you feel me"? 

"Ok...ok I see always go with yo gut son.. you know what to do". He said ending the call to let Vant get situated. One thing Vant pops always taught him was to stay on his toes at all times so if any situation was to ever accrue, they would always be  ten steps ahead. This wasn't what a mutha fucka wanted. Not only was he more then prepared for anything so was it was his pops. He popped the trunk and pulled out the two large shopping bags that sat inside. To the average eye it appeared as some regular shopping bags from Maceys when in reality it was a five million dollars worth of keys resting safely inside. Vant smiled thinking about how he had the purest products on the streets, he could literally step on it twice and it still has licks coming back for more. It was that pure and the only way a mutha fucka could get their hands on it was through him. Walking inside Vant quickly got back on track and focused on his surroundings, he doubted anyone was able to get in. Security was a luxury his pops didn't miss out on when moving into this house. There were gates,  24 hour survivalance. Guard dogs who were trained to kill and it was too many eyes, he lived in a neighborhood that kept their eyes out on everything. Even if his cameras didn't catch it he almost guaranteed that one of the many neighbors cameras did.  Getting to him wouldn't be a easy task, it was levels and Vant wasn't just some corner boy ass drugdealer. His status and family name spoke for itself. It they were easily touchable something would of been happen. Niggas didn't have that type of power to do so. But, still it was always that one person who thought they were bold enough to take on a King. Vant chuckled on the inside because when they did they would fail miserably and he would make sure he made a good example out of who ever that person was. Taking the bags to his room closet where he had a safe he noticed Liv's room door shut. She must be home he thought passing by. The tension between the two of them were becoming more thick as the days passed by. He wanted her and he was confident that she wanted him just as much. Timing. It could make or break a situation and right now he just kept telling himself that it was not the right time. On some real shit he wasn't sure how long he would be able to keep persuading himself of that. Mentally he was ready to say fuck it and fuck time. Deep down inside he knew one of these days he was going to break. It was crazy because it wasnt a female alive made him feel the way that Liv did. 

Dee sat back and smoked the last puff of the backwood he had just rolled up. He had been waiting for some time now and he still couldn't find the right moment. He was growing inpatient because as he peered down at his phone Joe was calling him once again for like the tenth time. Ol boy annoying Dee thought rejecting the call. Nigga was too new to this shit, you couldn't just run up on niggas without having shit planned out. Dee wasn't trying to lose him life because niggas thought shit was play play. This shit was formal and this shit was his life not Joe's. So as far as he was concerned when he was ready to run down on the nigga.. that was when the shit was gone happen. Dee threw the remaining of the roach out of the window and eased back in his seats. He looked down at his phone. 11:30pm. Damn he thought. He had been out here waiting for countless hours and still Dee felt uncomfortable about the whole situation. This wasn't a good spot to hit him. As looked around at all the neighbors fancy mansions he knew they all were equipped with the latest HD cameras. Then he looked over at the tall fences that protected Vant's house. Fuck! He said aloud to himself, he didn't think this shit out at all. Dee phone ran once again and without even looking at the caller ID he instead picked up instantly on the first rang. 

"Man wassup" Dee sneered through the phone. 

"Wassup? Wassup? Nigga that's all you got to say? Nigga I been calling ya phone back to back, watchu ignoring me now fam"? Joe screamed through the other line. 

"MAN wassup.... like I said you calling my phone like you my bitch or something. If I aint answer or get back to you that's because im still handling business. I shouldn't have to tell you that you a grown ass man, why you acting new to this? To be honest you scaring a nigga, its like you want a nigga to get caught up". Dee replied. He didn't give a fuck at that point, he disrespected when he felt like he was disrespected and the more he thought about it. The more he just wasn't feeling this nigga energy. Joe moved like a snake, everything about his motives was questionable. He didn't like questioning people. Dee made a mental note that he was gone finish this move, get his money and be rapped out with Joe. He wasn't doing official business with unofficial gangsters no more. 

"You want the rest of the bread get the job done cause best believe its plenty hungry niggas eager to make this money" Joe replied back cockily. His patience was running real thin. He couldn't believe it was taking him this long to off the nigga. How fucking hard was it, just pull the trigger. Nigga act like he was putting a hit on the president or some shit. Joe thought hanging up the phone. He quickly start composing a new text message to Joe. 

Joe: You got one hour

Dee read the text message in disbelief. As much as he wanted to just say fuck it he had plans with the rest of that money. He couldn't pass it up in his head it was already accounted for. Dee psalms grew sweaty as he anticipated what was about to go down. He peered over on the passenger side at the .9 that silently rested on his seat. It was now or never Dee thought quickly picking it up and examining it. He didn't need it jamming up while in the moment. After he was done he then looked outside his window. It was dark now and no one in sight. He figured by this time Vant was winding down completely unaware of his surroundings. Fuck it lets go Dee spoke to himself as he pulled his black hoodie on and hoped out the car.