chapter one:

The sun shone through the clouds on a lovely summer afternoon, as he was doing a presentation to the countless art students at the local university. It was hard for him to visualize the faces of most of the people in the crowd, he needed reassurance that they were interested in what he was saying. "Photography has been my means of expression through a series of photographs, I was able to see the world in a new perspective to the one I was accustomed to. It was beautiful and I would do anything to have that feeling again."

He looked back at the audience hoping to get a reaction that they were responding to, and instantly felt a rush of relief when the crowd erupted into a series of applauses.

He was congratulated by the professors at the University on his new showcase, that was supposedly planned for next week, when a sense of deja vu had washed over him, noticing a set of curious eyes staring at him from behind.

"Can I help you?"

"I just thought you were really pretty." Her eyes looked over him before walking away, leaving him confused on what she meant. Pretty? Him? He thought his vision was bad, but he honestly thought she was straight blind if she thought that he was pretty.

When the day was over, he couldn't help but remember the words of the girl that spoke to him that afternoon. She thought he was pretty, and it warmed his heart, because if he really thought about it, he hasn't received a compliment on his looks before.

But his mind drifted to other thoughts as he reached into his back pocket to pull out a picture of him and fiancée. "But I will always love you the most." He repeated again, but he sounded unsure the second time, it was as if he was saying it again to remind himself, that he was still in love with her. His hand glazed over his right eye, as a reminder of his love for her.

"Even if you strangle my neck, blind my eyes and break my limbs.. I will still love you."

And she did, but he reassured himself that it was worth it. To be with her? He would give the world, his body and soul, if it would allow for him to be with her for the rest of his life.

"What are you doing out here so late?" The girl from earlier loomed above him. Her smile sent butterflies flying through his stomach but he couldn't just figure out why. It reawoken feelings that haven't been felt since the days of when he had first met his fiancee, but why did he suddenly have these feelings again? Having these thoughts made him feel like such a terrible person, when he gave his heart to someone else, he belonged to someone else, but such thoughts kept having him doubt himself.

"I'm waiting for my driver."

"I'll wait with you, you seem awfully lonely by yourself."

He thanked her and patted the seat next to him on the bench, and the two sat in silence as they watched the cars pass, each waiting for their own ride to arrive. "So.."

The girl locked eyes with him when he had started to speak, waiting for him to finish his sentence. "What did you think of my presentation today?"

She found herself smiling at his question. She thought this man adorable, from the way he looked to the way he spoke. "I was completely mesmerized. It made me want to pursue art despite the fact that I have absolutely no artistic talent."

"I'm sure you're very talented." He reassured her, a question tugging at the back of his head. She seemed to sense this because she made sure to keep eye contact with him, well what seemed like eye contact, it would hard for him to fully make out her expression. "Why did you sit with me today?"

The girl laughed at his question, "It's a bit weird to say, but you have a bit of a depressing aura. I just wanted to make your day even if it was for a little bit." She waved her hand to a car passing over, standing up when it pulled up near the curb. "I hope everything gets better, whatever you're going through."

"Bye!" They waved to each other before she was driven away, and when his own ride had pulled up he remembered that he never even asked for her name.