chapter five:

A week had passed since he last talked to the strange girl from the university, he found it odd to miss her despite not knowing her that long, he missed her presence and the feeling of comfort that followed her. Rika had barely visited him as often and he felt alone in his apartment complex, since he rarely got visitors.

Maybe it was the spur of the moment that he grabbed his phone and texted the first person that he wanted to talk to. "Hi, it's me again. Do you want to meet up at the cafe across the street?"

He stirred his cup of coffee as he stared out the window, waiting for his favorite person to come rushing through the door, and when she did the biggest smile was plastered across his face. He couldn't help it, even though he loved Rika, whenever he saw (Y/n) he felt feelings far from the pain he felt whenever he was with Rika.

"Hey! Really surprising for you to call first, not that I mind," She laughed, taking the menu he handed to her. He peeked over at her arm, which had a large shaped burn on it, he raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

(Y/n) noticed his curiosity and answered his question, without him needing to ask. "I accidentally spilled boiling milk on myself. I'm not the best in the kitchen," (Y/n) laughed a bit nervously, she was embarrassed at her lack of domestic skills, she was often scolded by her father a lot due to it.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about," V had started to laugh from her flustered expression, he would try to reassure her but usually it was him that was flustered. "It's nice to know that you're also human."

HUH WHAT DID THIS FOO SAY? She raised an eyebrow at the last part of his sentence. "Excuse me?"

He realized what he said and tried to correct himself, only to end up stuttering a majority of the words that came out of his mouth. His face quickly became flushed as he looked back out the window in embarrassment. "Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way."

(Y/n) was internally fangirling over how incredibly baby he was, "No, please explain what you meant so I don't get the wrong idea." She rested her chin on the palm of her hand and just listened to his voice, as weird as it sounded, she would listen to him talk for hours if time would let her.

"I might've looked at your social media," He mumbled through the sleeve of his sweater, averting his eyes. "I wasn't trying to be creepy! I just wanted to know what kind of person you were."

He was an easy person to read, as private as he seemed he was very expressive when flustered, but she knew better than the average person that he was holding in more than she could figure out. "You're a really private person."

"It's hard for me to trust people, so I'm sorry if I was really skeptical around you," V apologized, he relaxed his composure when he noticed her eyes had softened. "You're really perfect. You're talented in basically almost everything from sports to academics. I'm kind of jealous."

He wanted to talk to her for hours, he was captivated by the way words easily rolled off her tongue, the way she composed herself with grace, it was the opposite of how he was. Being with her, he felt himself wanting to become a better person. "Tell me about your college experiences, Miss Valedictorian and captain of two varsity sports."

And that's what they ended up doing, they spent their whole day cozied up in the back seats of the cafe as they watched the people walked pass their window, chatting about their lives and troubles and the tiniest things that got on their nerves, appreciating the presence of the other.