chapter three:

V dusted off a hair from his suit as he idly watched over all his guests that had arrived to take a peek at his latest photographs, until a familiar sight had caught his eye. The girl from before, his mind couldn't remember her name but he still remembered her. But he ignored the urge to walk up to her, remembering who was still in the room.

His fiancée clung onto his arm, which was very unlike her. V noticed that her gaze was tense as she eyed the other guests, before speaking to him. "Are you sure none of them will be here?"

"Yes, I promise dear."

After that confirmation, her demeanor changed and she quickly pulled her arm away from him in disgust, as the sight of him made her sick. He noticed this, but he kept smiling at her. "I'll be in the car, don't take too long."

"Lovely gallery you have here," a voice spoke up from behind him, and in an instant he immediately recognized her.

"Thank you, I didn't realize you were one of the VIP guests." He questioned, he wasn't bothered by her presence at all, but his secretary said that his list involved a majority of the higher class, it didn't strike a chord with him how a regular psychiatrist was able to gain entry, not that he was complaining.

"My dad's the chief of police."

"I don't like that girl you were with." That was very straightforward.

"My fiancée?"

Her face ran through a series of expressions from shock to disgust, she looked back at him and the door, still trying to comprehend what he said. "She's your fiancée? Her? Really?" She had worked with abusive relationships a lot, so when she saw his 'fiancée' she couldn't help but sense an alarming aura from her. Y'all be gurus talking about auras and shit.

He realized what (Y/n) was thinking and quickly changed the subject, offering to show her around the gallery personally. But it still didn't erase her thoughts on his fiancée, she felt suspicious of her, but she couldn't pinpoint why.

"Your eye, what happened to it?"

He knew there was no way in tricking her, she had some sense of knowing if someone was telling the truth or not, similar to where she could tell if a person had bad intentions. I guess he just didn't want to say anything since it would mean that everything he went through was his actual reality. He thought that if he didn't say it outside everything he went through was just a dream, and one day he would wake up to everything normal.

"It's a long story, I'm afraid we don't have enough time for me to tell you everything," He sighed. She nodded reassuringly, and gave him her business card.

"Please, you can talk to me whenever. I'll listen and understand." He hesitantly took her card, hastily shoving it into his back pocket before Rika came between the two.

"Darling, I'm tired. Let's go home." His fiancée had started to pull on his arm, trying to deter him away from (Y/n), before making eye contact with her, a jealous aura surrounding her. "Who are you?"

"No one special," (Y/n) smiled before waving at V. "I'll see you later."

"See you."

Before the couple left (Y/n) went up to one of the officers by the door, whispering into his ear and pointing to the couple that was getting into the car. "Give me her file."
————-