3 。surprise

"Psssst."

"What are you psssst-ing about?" Suna asked— looking at Atsumu with bored eyes as they both changed to get ready for morning practice. The middle blocker was becoming quite annoyed at their setter's recent antics.

"SHHHHHH!" Atsumu replied, placing a single finger to his lip as he hushed the second year middle blocker. Suna merely gave him a glance of have you finally gone insane before turning back to changing.

"'Tsumu, you don't need to whisper. [Y/n] is not goin' to be here anyways," Osamu said while taking off his shirt to to put on his practice shirt. (Imagine the muscles—) Once the quieter twin puts on his shirt, he turned to the team. "It's [Y/n]'s birthday tomorrow," Osamu said calmly.

"IT'S TOMORROW!" Atsumu suddenly shouted— dramatically placing both of his hands in his hair.

"Atsumu, put your shirt on first," Kita scolded.

"'Tsumu definitely forgot," Osamu said, looking at his twin brother.

"Shut yer trap!" Atsumu replied. "It just slipped my mind."

"We should do somethin' for her birthday then," Ojiro said— thinking about what they should do. "Should we surprise her before mornin' practice?"

"Atsumu, Osamu," Kita started as he turned towards the twins. "You two are her neighbours right?" The twins nodded immediately. They have been neighbours for a while now. "Then you two are in charge of stalling."

"'Tsumu already stalls us enough," Osamu said. [Y/n] and Osamu would always have to wait for the blonde setter as he's always the last one to wake up as well as the slowest to get ready. "It won't be different from the usual."

"I see," Kita said as he turned to their second year setter. Atsumu gulped. Was another one of Kita's bluntness coming again? Yes. "Stop causing trouble for [L/n]."

"Yes..."

"What flavour of cake does [L/n] like?" Ojiro asked the twins.

"She liked [favourite/cake/flavour]," Osamu instantly replied. The two of them are major foodies. Whenever there is a restaurant or cafe that one of them likes to try, they would end up going together— much to the dismay of Atsumu. "[Y/n]-chan also likes to eat [favourite/foods]," Osamu listed out.

"You know a lot about [L/n]," Ginjima said.

"Of course. I'm her childhood friend after all," Osamu replies.

"Hey!!! I'm her childhood friend too!" Atsumu shouted.

"It doesn't seem like it," Osamu retorted.

"Then do you know her favourite—"

"Atsumu. Osamu," Kita said while crossing his arms. He looked as calm as ever.

"Yes captain." The twins said in unison.

。。。

The next morning, [Y/n] went to the Miya household to wait for the twins like usual— well mainly to wait for Atsumu. Usually, [Y/n] would have to pry Atsumu to wake up and today was no exception. "'Tsumu, wake up already," [Y/n] said as she gently shook the blonde twin. Atsumu replied with a groan as he used his bedsheets to cover his head as he turned away from the [h/c] haired girl.

"Five more hours..." Atsumu mumbled. [Y/n] huffled and placed her hands on her hips. Looking more determined, [Y/n] shook Atsumu with more force.

"Miya Atsumu, wake up!" [Y/n] said— this tike louder. Atsumu responded by groaning louder. It was then that Atsumu turned around all of a sudden and used his arms to pull [Y/n] into his chest.

"Shhh just sleep with me," Atsumu said, placing a hand on the back of [Y/n]'s head and pressing it close to his chest. His other hand, pulled [Y/n] closer by pulling her by snaking around her waist.

"Atsumu!!" [Y/n] said while gently smacking his chest.

"[Y/n]—" the door of the twin's room opened and Osamu stopped as he looked at the position that his childhood friend and his brother were in. Despite his calm outer expression, Osamu was rather ticked off. Walling over, Osamu pulled the [h/c] haired girl into his chest— hugging her while looking at Atsumu. Because his teddy bear was ripped away from him, Atsumu looked at Osamu with a glare.

[Y/n] sighed as she pulled away from Osamu. "'Tsumu, you're awake, now go and get ready," [Y/n] said as she pointed in the direction of the washroom. Atsumu sighed and slowly got up.

"[Y/n] did you eat yet?" Osamu asked. "I just made breakfast."

。。。

"Akagi be quiet! [L/n] is goin' to be here any second now," Ojiro said as he used a finger to indicate the libero to be quiet. With the permission of the coach, the Inarizaki team was currently hiding in the dark gym.  Each of the members had the party hats on as some of them held party poppers. Kita held the birthday cake as he is the most trusted person to not drop it. "Suna! Stop lookin' bored for once! It's her birthday!"

Suna sighed. He wondered how Ojiro can tell when it's so dark. Suna was in charge of holding and giving the manager a bouquet of [favourite/flowers]. "Yes yes..."

"'SAMU THAT'S WHY I'M [Y/N]'S FAVOURITE!" the team heard Atsumu's voice from inside of the gym. Kosaku mentally face palmed. Was the twins arguing today out of all of the days?

"But your bad traits outshine your good traits," Osamu replied.

"Hm? Are the others not here yet?" [Y/n] asked as she looked at the dark gym. The manager tilted her head in confusion. If anything, Kita would he always here. He's always the first one to open the gym. "That's really weird," [Y/n] said as she rummaged through her bag for the gym key. Thankfully, she had a copy of the key.

The members inside tensed up as they heard the keys enter the keyhole. It was seconds before [Y/n] would enter. Their signal would be the moment the door opens. When that happens, Omimi would have to open the gym lights.

The door opened.

"SUPRISE!!!"

The moment that [Y/n] opened the door was the moment that the lights turned on, and the poppers went off. [Y/n] was caught off guard as she flinched and went to hide behind Osamu because of the sudden noise.

"We scared her."

"Ojiro I blame it on you. You were too loud."

"I refuse to believe that." The members became quiet when Kita walked over to [Y/n] wordlessly. It was then that [Y/n] walked out from behind Osamu. She looked at the cake with amazement.

"Happy Birthday [L/n]," Kita said while smiling. It was a rare sight from the usually stoic captain. When would you see Kita smiling while wearing a party hat?

"Happy birthday," Suna said while holding the bouquet towards their manager.

"Huh?" [Y/n], still stunned, blinked at the cake and the flowers. It was then that she remembered it was her birthday— her members figured out her birthday and bought her these things. How touching.

"Woah don't cry!" Ojiro said, panicked when he saw [e/c] orbs become teary. This was when Suna reached over and wiped away the tears using the back of his index finger.

"Yes don't cry," Kita said, patting their manager's head.

"I'm so touched," [Y/n] said. Then with a smile, "Thank you!"

The members started to smile. If [Y/n] is happy then they succeeded.

OMAKE

"'Atsumu, Osamu, sweep wipe away the mess created by the party poppers," Kita said while looking at the twins.

"Why me???"

"Didn't I tell you to not cause [L/n] trouble?"

"Geh—!"