●عذر●

she is a queen

she is a queen.
her soul is royality.

~°~

Fariah was in the lounge serving tea to her Mamu and Mami. She had already given tea to her Nani Jaan in her room as she wasn't feeling well. She was crouching down near the centre table and her Mamu Mami were sitting on the double seater couch behind her. Her cousins, Ayaan and Afeefah, were bickering about something showing on the television sitting on the floor infront of the table and their sister Rahima was sitting on the other two seater couch lost in her cell phone.

She was handing the teacup to her Mami when a loud salam gained everyone's attention. Her hand trembled a little as nervousness seeped into her bones due to his presence.

Haider Ali Khan.

A little tea spilled on the saucer and her Mami gave her a look which screamed how displeased she was of the carelessness. Fariah hurriedly took the cup back and wiped the saucer before handing it back to her Mami knowing how much she hates sleazy work. His parents replied to his greeting and asked about his day at the office. Haider settled on the single seater couch after putting his suit jacket beside Rahima.

"Rahima, yaar, please make me a cup of coffee. This headache is killing me." He said after replying to his parents putting his head on the backrest of the couch. Rahima didn't pay any heed to his request still lost in her cell phone making him a little angry.

He was about to scold Rahima but before he could open his mouth her mother ordered Fariah.

"Fariah, go and bring coffee for Haider."

Fariah, who was about to go from the living room, turned back on being called and replied her with a 'jee'. As she was about to go to the kitchen to make coffee for her dushman-e-jaan, her eyes betrayed her brain's command and lifted up to meet a pair of dark orbs which were surprisingly looking in her direction. She got flustered on being caught and hurriedly escaped to the kitchen.

She was beating the coffee in a cup and her thoughts wandered back to the events that happened in the past four months and how her life had drastically changed. Four months ago, she lived with her parents happily after her elder sister's marriage but a rough night changed it all. Her parents were coming back after visiting her sister and their car met with an accident. She wished she hadn't gone to take her last exam and was with them in the car so she wouldn't have to live without them and face the cruel world all alone.

A few tears escaped her eyes and she quickly wiped them making her way out of the kitchen to give Mr. Haider Ali Khan his bitter strong coffee.

Maybe people actually are what they eat-or drink in this case-for he was as bitter as this coffee.

She shook the thoughts out of her head and placed the coffee mug on the glass table beside him. He was observing her every move and the frown always marring his eyebrows deepened when he noticed that she avoided any type of interaction with him. She didn't even bother to hand him the cup. Her brown eyes bowed down and she clutched the purple duppata that was covering her head with only a few strands of her black hair peeking through and carressing her gandami coloured skin.