●7●

The stars were shining in all their glory as the timid girl weeped standing near the window. She was missing her parents alot on the most important day of her life. Today she had officially become someone's wife. A responsibilty was on her shoulders now, and she wasn't sure if she could handle it. There was a long list of "what if's" in her mind even though her sister had assured her many times that she'll do just fine. The most bothersome thought was what if Haider realises now that his mother is right and he can have a much more prettier bride than her ugly self? She was fine with Haider rejecting her before because she didn't feel anything for him at that time. It wasn't the same any more as the sea of emotions for him brimming her heart will cause the shattering of her soul if Haider decided to leave her. She needed her father's support and mother's reassurance that everthing will be fine which is why she was basking in the light of the stars as she wanted to cling onto the unreal idea of dead people becoming stars. She knew it was childish but the idea of her parents looking over her from the sky and shining bright lighting up the night for her was comforting to her.

She quickly dabbed under eyes to wipe the tears as the giggles and laughs of Haider's cousins approached the door. She was standing in Haider's room-decorated with jasmines and lilies-dressed as his bride in a pastel green gharara and kameez with golden embroidery and zari tilla work on the duppata covering her hair which were tied in a low bun decorated with gajra. She was wearing a traditional bridal set containing a heavy necklace and earrings with a maang tika and nose ring which orginally belonged to her mother.

 She was wearing a traditional bridal set containing a heavy necklace and earrings with a maang tika and nose ring which orginally belonged to her mother

P.s. Fariah is thicker than this girl and has a bit more golden brown skin tone.

The colour complemented her skin tone. She had drapped the duppata in such a way that it covered her body properly. They had done the shopping in a haste so the opted for ready-made garments. She fell in love with the dress because of its simplicity and intricate details but it was tight fitted on her. They couldn't have it altered on such a short notice. She didn't like anything else because her eyes kept going back to the green beauty. She wanted to curse at herself for such a body and kept calling herself "fat, fat" in her mind. The girls must be thinking the same. In the end, Amara told her to suck it up and buy the green dress. It had perfectly fine fitting according to her but Fariah felt self-concious by showing off her curves like that so she drapped the dupatta around her properly to hide her body.

She sat on the middle of the bed like a traditional dulhan just as her sister has instructed. When they were getting ready in the salon today, Amara had given Fariah 'the talk'. Fariah tried her best to escape the awkward situation but Amara knew how to handle her sister. Fariah had to sit through the horror with eyes on her fidgetting hands and cheeks burning crimson. She was not unaware of the natural process but she didn't know other things than that also happened. She was very nervous. Her cramps had subsided but she was still very much on her period making her uncomfortable in the heavy clothes.