1 (Hannibal PoV)

"I'm going to warn you." said Agent Jack Crawford, leading Hannibal Lecter into his office. "Will Graham is very... difficult."

Hannibal did not like being warned about patients. He felt that Agent Crawford was being unnecessarily rude and he didn't tolerate rude people. Outwardly, he nodded. "I'm sure I can decide that for myself, Agent Crawford."

"Will is highly intelligent," the agent continued, "And he is amazing at what he does. However, he stopped doing it after a case last September, and began to teach at the Academy. It's been a pain to convince him to come back on the field."

Hannibal pursed his lips. "If he doesn't want to work on the field, why should we force him to?"

Jack looked upset by his question. "Because he saves lives when he does! You don't understand just yet, but Will can get into anybody's mind. He can see killer's points of view, feel their emotions and help catch them."

"So you're saying he's highly empathetic." The doctor nodded again. "That is quite unique. His mind might be damaged from it."

Agent Crawford looked weary. "When he takes too many cases, he doesn't sleep. Well, more than usual. That's why we need you to be his psychiatrist. Dr. Bloom spoke highly of you."

Hannibal smiled. "Yes, Dr. Alana Bloom was an amazing student. She taught me more than I taught her." His smile twisted. "Why doesn't she see Will?"

"She refused. She sees him as a friend and doesn't want to 'infringe on that relationship.'" The agent sighed, looking to be lost in thought. After a moment, he said, "Will is intelligent, but he's also a smart ass. He'll mess with you, flirt with you, do whatever it takes to get inside your head. You can't let him."

Hannibal smirked internally. Nobody could get in his head. Not even his own psychiatrist knew what went on in his mind. No flirting little boy would be able to see in there, even if it was his job to get into the minds of killers. Hannibal had been doing it for far too long to get caught by a boy. "I assure you I will make it difficult for Mr. Graham."

"Excellent." said Jack. "Are you ready to meet him?"

Hannibal nodded. "Yes, I suppose I am."

The agent left and shortly came back with a man with curly dark hair, blue eyes, and an angry expression behind glasses. He also looked to be fighting exhaustion. He had a stubble that looked to be the result of forgetfulness, and Hannibal could smell the cheap aftershave, along with the stench of dogs.

"Jack, I swear, you'll be the death of me," he was saying, "I told you no and yet here we are. You messed my car so I'd have to go with you on my day off, after nearly running over Winston--"

"Dr. Lecter." Jack said, cutting the boy off. "This is Special Agent Will Graham. Will, this is Doctor Hannibal Lecter."

At the word doctor, Will looked even more pissed. He shook Hannibal's hand firmly. "Nice to meet you, Dr. Lecter. I'm sorry to be rude, but what are you doing here?" He directed the question at Jack.

Hannibal glanced at Agent Crawford. "I..."

"Dr. Lecter is going to be your psychiatrist." Jack said.

The boy laughed as if he had just told the funniest joke in the world. "You're joking." His smile faded as he searched Agent Crawford's face. "You're not joking?"

"No." The agent was direct.

Will looked like Agent Crawford had smacked him in the face. His mouth opened and closed as he searched for words in his anger."This is unbelievable. I don't need a- a therapist! I'm not going to go to some stranger so they can psycho-analyze me and get into my head."