3 (Will PoV)

He was standing in a snowy field, looking for something important. Fog surrounded him and he could see his house in the distance, like a ship on a gray ocean. He heard a whine to his right and looked over to see the silhouette of a horned creature. Brown eyes tinged with red peered at him in the haze. He felt a general sense of uneasy and familiarity. Unconsciously, he began to walk backwards, away from the creature. He trusted those eyes, and yet he did not.
A voice called out in the fog, accented and deep. "Hello, Will."
He stumbled back, throwing a hand up. The voice is wrong, intruding in an already choreographed play. It wasn't supposed to be here.
Something wet touched his skin and he flinched, looking around wildly.
"Will." His mother stepped out of the haze, with pointed teeth and maroon eyes. She held a metal dog dish with long claws. Both were stained with blood- his blood.
She grinned wickedly. "You've been a little brat, haven't you?"

Will gasped awake, sweating. His curls stuck to his face, and he wiped at them, trying to remember where he was. His chest rose sharply, the white cotton shirt clinging to it like a baby to its mother. It was dark and his blue eyes darted around, searching for familiarity in his location. After a few moments, he recognized he was home and he was safe.

A black nose prodded his outstretched hand. Will turned and saw Winston, the newest addition to his pack. The dog whined again. Will stroked the dog's head absentmindedly, trying to calm down.

After a minute, his breathing slowed and he got up, glancing at the sweat stain on his bed with disgust. His alarm clock read 2:27. He went to bed at 11.

The dogs walked around him, pushing him to the front door. Will relented, letting them all outside to play and pee.

It was cold but not snowy, which was a surprise. He shivered in his boxers and tee shirt, looking out into the distance while his pets frolicked around. The wind began to pick up, but he couldn't feel it. His eyes began to glaze over.

A bark startled him out of his daze. Winston sat in front of him, his head cocked. All of the other dogs had already gone inside.

"Sorry buddy." Will whispered, leading the animal back into the house. His fingers were blue and he shoved them under his armpits to warm them up.

He locked the door behind him and went into the bathroom for a hot shower. The steam reached around him, making Will feel warm and comforted. He stripped and stood under the shower head. His hands worked through his curly hair methodically while his mind wandered.

He always had the same 3 nightmares. One in his childhood closet, locking himself in while a werewolf dressed as his mother claws at the door. Another involved Peter, his older half-brother, chaining him up in his old room and letting maggots dig into his flesh. The third was Will being chased throughout his childhood home by his mother, terrified, and getting shoved into the closet by Peter while the room slowly filled up with water.

Will knew the ending to each one. He could wake up, sweaty, and calm down within a few seconds. But the one he had tonight wasn't like the others. This one scared him the most.

He ran a hand over each part of his body. As he passed over his manhood, he thought of Kaia and how much he missed her. When he couldn't sleep, she was always there to take his mind off of things.

"I could use a one-night stand." Will muttered. He suddenly remembered someone. He shut the water off and dried himself quickly, eager for the first time in weeks.

His bedroom floor was covered with dogs, all laying on top of each other. He treaded carefully, picking his way to his dresser.

He threw on some jeans and a hoodie, then grabbed his phone.

The person he was calling picked up on the 4th ring.
"Will?"

"Yeah, it's me." Will scratched his head, suddenly self-conscious.

"Why... why are you calling at 3 in the morning?"

"It's closer to 4, actually." He said, staring at his clock.

"Will." The voice was exasperated.

"I need a quick fuck." The words sounded rushed.

There was silence on the other end of the phone. "We... haven't done this in a while." The voice was slow and uncertain.

Will left his bedroom and went into the kitchen to grab a beer. "Yeah, I know."

A sigh filed the line, along with more quietness. Will watched the time over the oven change from 3:47 to 3:49. "Ok. You can come over."

Will smiled, relieved. "Thanks. I... really appreciate it."

"Don't get sappy on me, Will. No strings attached." The person hung up and Will grinned, relieved. He grabbed his keys and and leave quickly, his mind already relieved.

Eeek. I'm debating on whether or not to write the smut for this or not. Whatever, I don't think I will.
I hope you enjoyed this one, even though it was pretty short.
Stay safe, wear your seat belt, and use protection.