Caliban - When She Sleeps

Full credit to calibancangetit

The blood oozed down your back as your body jerked forward when the whip sliced through your skin. Your screams echoed throughout the beach as you watched your bloodstain the sand under your knees. Tears streamed down your face while you did your best to catch your best, but just as you caught it, another lash fell across your flesh.

"Please stop," your mother's voice begged, "please, you were supposed to cure her!"

You looked up to your family. Your mother and father were tied together on the sandy floor unable to move. You tried to ignore the way your mother's broken leg lay awkwardly in front of her. Just as you tried to ignore the gash on your father's face. You gave them a smile. It was brave of you to offer any expression for them at all. After all, you were here because of them.

"Cure her," the plague king Purson asked bewildered, "I'll do more than just cure her,"

Your sobbed softly to yourself; you didn't deserve this. Your parents had crossed paths with a witch, and as witch hunters, they decided it was best to have her and her precious familiar destroyed. When word spread to the witches of Greendale, they released a curse on your parent's firstborn child-you. Y

ou would be born with the ability to bring forth the darkest shadows of Hell. Then on the day, she would turn twenty, she would become hysterical from the shadows and have an uncontrollable desire to kill every living mortal in Greendale. Your parents paid no mind to it. At least not until your father's shadow tried to strangle him.

"Enough, we have other obligations to attend to. Bring forth, Prince Caliban!" Beelzebub announced.

A series of grunts were heard before a blonde man was thrown in the sand in front of you. He grimaced as he raised himself up. He eyed the kings slowly before he finally looked at you. You shuddered at the eye contact but looked down submissively.

"Your highness," the kings mocked, "today we will be teaching you the ultimate skill for the monarch of Hell. You will be choosing souls to be tormented for the rest of eternity. The girl or her parents. Either way, they have to watch,"

Your headshot up to this Caliban guy. He looked between you and your parents in slight horror. You could tell he was trying to figure out which choice was right.

"The girl lives,"

"No, please it was supposed to be me!" You screamed as your parents sobbed beside each other.

Caliban looked at you ashamed before looking back to the kings, "the parent's death will be enough torment for her anyways,"

The kings were extremely please with his reasoning and clapped his back excitedly.

"Wait, please!" You screamed.

For a moment, your eyes landed on your parent's sombre faces as the whispered their love for you. Then all at once, their skin began melting off their bones in clumps. Their voices rang in your ears as their torment began to consume them.

Your body shook back and forth as your eyes snapped open from the force. Your vision cleared and above you were a pair of beautiful eyes and soft blonde curls.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Caliban asked as he wiped your tears off your cheek.

A cry caught in your throat as you tackled Caliban in a hug. He grasped onto you and held you tight. You felt him lay back down on your bed with your head tucked against his chest. His hold on you never softened as he tried to relieve every emotion you were feeling from the nightmare.

"Was it your parents again?" He asked softly, almost as if he were afraid of the answer.

You nodded your head against his chest. You felt his breath hitch, and you couldn't imagine how badly the guilt was hurting him. He didn't say anything, though. You were thankful for that.

When your breathing slowed down, Caliban's arms loosened and you allowed yourself to get more comfortable in his arms. You felt him kiss the top of your head before feeling his fingers lift your chin up to face him. Words didn't leave his mouth, but you knew exactly what he was saying.

I'm sorry

You smiled at him sadly before cupping his face, "I love you,"

He smiled back before pressing his lips against yours. Your mouth moved against his in a soft passionate kiss. The kiss was filled with a love you never thought you'd be able to feel, but when Caliban pulled away to whisper those three words back, you knew it was real.

His thumb caressed your cheek slowly before he pressed a quick kiss against your lips.

"What song, babygirl?" He sighed as he laid his head against the pillow.

"My mom's lullaby,"

He chuckled lightly before nodding.

Come stop your crying

It will be alright

Just take my hand

And hold it tight

Your nightmares arose from a past that was more traumatic than most.

I will protect you

From all around you

I will be here

Don't you cry

And Caliban was forced to play a major role in that trauma long before you two found the love you share today.

'Cause you'll be in my heart

But in the end, it led him straight to you.