Chapter 2

~Vincent~
I watch as Scott enters the mall location for yet, another day of work. "Hi Scott" I say, making him jump.
"I didnt even know you were there, Vincent" Scott says.
I laugh, "I tend to do that sometimes. I guess I just inherited invisibility from my brother" I say.
"Well dont do it again or I'm suing" Scott hisses, and heads into the dining area.
I sigh, I dont really think he likes me.
This time Henry is running this location, not trusting two murderers working at the same location.

"I swear William didnt kill anybody!" I argued with Henry, desperate to continue working with my brother.
"I still dont trust you guys." Henry says, crossing his arms and glaring at me.
"But why, Henry?" I ask.
"Once a murderer, always a murderer" Henry spits at my feet.
I watch as he walks away, into the night.

"Vincent!" Violet says, slapping my face.
"Huh wa-" I blink into the present, and realize I'm still standing in the shadows, staring at the spot I saw Scott last.
"Henry told me to yell at you for you to get back to work" Violet yells.
"I am working!" I growl, swatting her away like a fly and heading into the dining area.
"Well it doesnt look like it" Violet says, following me as I lean against a wall.
I roll my eyes.
"Vincent! Go talk to a child or something!" Violet yells again.
"Shut up. Cant you see you're scaring the kids?" I say sarcastically.
That shut her up, because as you can clearly see, kids are staring at us with tears in their eyes.
"Violet, why did you scare the kids?" Henry asks.
"I was telling Vincent to get back to work!" Violet hisses.
"Uh huh, and you had to yell at him to do that?" Henry asks, rolling his sarcastically.
Violet nods.
"You do that again you're fired" Henry snaps, "now go reassure the crying children" Henry says, and snaps his mouth shut, realizing what he said.
"Bruh" I say, "just go do manager stuff" I say, waving him away.
He nods and disappears into the office.
I watch as Violet reassures the kids, when I realize I have no idea where Scott is.
I fling open the staff room door, and find out hes not there. Just Susie is there, flipping through a year old magazine.
She looks up, "oh hi Vincent" she greets me with a smile.
"Have you seen Scott anywhere?" I ask.
"I think Henry told him to test the animatronics" Susie said.
I roll my eyes, "he could have told me to do that. That's probably the most dangerous job there is here" I say, and head backstage, finding Scott searching through the tool box.
I examine the animatronics, and realize Scott is trying to fix MontGomery. Hes clearly struggling at doing so, unfortunately.
"Need help?" I ask quietly.
Scott looks up, and immediately narrows his eyes when he realizes it's me.
"No. Cant you see I'm perfectly fine fixing this gator myself?" Scott snaps.
"Jeeze, I was just wonder-"
"Ugh. Yes I need help. I have no idea how to work this thing" Scott says, pinching the bridge of his nose.
I nod, and kneel down beside him. I get out the needed tools and get to work.
"I dont think you like me" I say suddenly.
"What! What made you think that?" Scott says suddenly.
"Everytime I initiate conversation with you, or even talk to you you just swat me away like a fly and continue on with your day" I explain.
"Oh." Scott says, "I can be cold sometimes, but its nothing to worry about" Scott says sheepishly, trying to cover the blush i see in my peripheral vision as embarrassment.
"Done" I mutter under my breath.
I pack up the tools and put them away. After look down at the tool box I put away for a bit I turn around, "dont lie to me Scott" I say.
He looks taken aback.
"I know when someone is lying to me. I do it all the time" I say.
Scott avoids my gaze, "I'm sorry" he whispers, and runs away, sobbing into his hands.
I feel my heart break into a million pieces when I see Scott like that.
I sigh, and decide to take a break in the staff room.
To my surprise, that's where Scott ran off to.
Hes sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, cross legged and sobbing heavily into his hands.
I suddenly feel the need to reassure him.
"Hey" I say softly.
He looks up at me, and I see a faint blush, "oh I'm so embarrassed for you to see me like this!" He sobs.
"Dont be" I say, sitting beside him.
He continues to cry.
"Look, you dont have to tell me what's bothering you if you dont want to" I say softly, pulling him onto my lap.
He cries into my shoulder for a while.
What about seems five minutes later hes officially run out out of tears.
"I'm so pathetic" Scott spits.
"No you're not" I say.
"Vincent, can i tell you something?" Scott asks.
"Of course you can" I say gently.
"I-I was never actually so cold before. I used to be really friendly, but then I met you, and I liked you, and I tried to brush you off my shoulder by rejecting you and giving you the cold shoulder. It got worse when I realized you were showing signs of liking me too, and I became colder, in Hope's that you would back down. But instead it just made me depressed to stay away from you" Scott confesses, still clinging on to my neck like his life depends on it.
I feel my face pale.
"Scott I...I love you too" I say.
He looks up at me with sad cartoon eyes, and he kisses me. I kiss back, though I was taken aback.