Visit at 2am

A/N
Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals, it's your author here and just as a reminder and so I don't get reported I don't own marvel. There will be cursing and some light sexual themes and possible sadness.Welp, that's all. Enjoy the story!

Ezra's pov

I sat on the floor in my small apartment with my knees drawn into my chest and my palm out, holding a silver necklace with a snake charm wrapping around a emerald green jem. When the light from a flikering candle nearby bounced off the necklace it made it seem as though the snake was moving.
I didn't realize I was crying until tears hit the skin on my palm. I quickly dropped the necklace, letting it hit my chest and bringing a hand up to wipe the tears off my face. It was no use, as soon as I wiped the tears off more replaced them. I desided just to let my body cry so I put on my favorite sad song and listened, closing my eyes to hopefully get some sleep:

Yelling at the sky
Screaming at the world
Baby, why'd you go away?
I'm still your girl
Holding on too tight
Head up in the clouds
Heaven only knows
Where you are now

How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?

I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

Never got the chance
To say a last goodbye
I gotta move on
But it hurts to try

How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?

I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?

I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

While I was crying I didn't notice that three people had crossed the threshold and were silently staring at me.

"What's that song called?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I jumped up, spinning around and looking at the three people standing in front of me. I recognized 2 of them from the news, there was the black widow standing to the left, Tony stark standing to the right, and in the middle there was a man I didn't recognize with an eye patch.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I demanded after the wave of shock passed.

"We are here to ask you to join the avengers" the man in the middle said, his voice holding an air of impatience.

"Let me refrase that. Why the hell do you think I have a doorbell? To use dumbass. Excuse me but I don't know who you are and I would like to join the avengers but I must ask why you didn't think to come at any other time then 2am!" I ranted, angry at myself for them catching me in one of my moments of weakness.

"Well I guess introductions are needed. I'm Tony Stark AKA Iron man but you knew that." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his comment. "The gal that looks like she could take your arm off with her hands tied is Natasha Romanoff AKA Black Widow. And last but not least is the pirate also known as Nick fury, head of S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Nice to meet you all" I said shaking their hands.

"So, you agree to join the avengers?" Fury asked.

"Yup. The only problem is I don't have a car and to get to the tower from my apartment is to far to bike." I said after a moment's thought.

"What are you talking about? You're living at the tower so get packing" Stark says.

"O-oh! Really?" I said, suprized.

"Of course! I already have your room set up. We'll be back tomorrow at 11am to pick you up. Make sure your all packed by then" Tony said before turning and walking out the door.

Natasha rolled her eyes and mutterd "dramatic ass" before flashing me a smile, saying goodnight and walking out the door with Fury.

I shut the door behind them and turned to look at my apartment. I barely had any stuff so I was able to pack it all into one suitcase. Once I was packed I looked around my apartment, scanning for any missed items and then crawling into bed.

*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"
Word count: 870