The god of mischief can sing!

Narator's pov

Ezra and Loki walked down the hallway and entered Ezra's room. As soon as the two entered Ezra burst into tears, walking swiftly away from Loki in embarrassment. Loki quickly noticed her crying and walked over to comfort her. Loki came up behind Ezra, wrapping his arms around her and begining to sway with her.

"Remember that song we had to write for music class?" Loki whispered into Ezra's ear. Ezra just nods, sobs wracking her body so Loki began to sing. (Bold is Loki and ittalics is Ezra bold and ittalics is both of them.)

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

Ezra calmed down enough to join Loki, their bodies still swaying together. Little did they know that the rest of the avengers were spying on them from the cameras. The avengers still didn't trust Loki and wanted to make sure everything was ok.

'Cause they fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude but I would just stand and stare

Ezra sang a little out of key, still trying to completely calm down.

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread (thread, thread)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

Leave my door open just a crack
Please take me away from here
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Please take me away from here

Why do I tire of counting sheep
Please take me away from here
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell (said farewell)

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar (jar, jar)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

As the song ended Ezra's exhaustion over took and she grew sleepy. Loki quietly helped her into bed and pulled the covers over Ezra. Loki turned to leave and Ezra grabbed his hand saying, sleepily "I'm not letting my best friend out if my sight. Not after what happened the last time you left". Loki turned at Ezra's touch and whispered a "ok" before laying down next to her.

*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"
Tony's pov

After Ezra left I quickly grabbed my computer and told Friday to live stream the video from Ezra's room.  What if he hurts her? I still don't trust Loki completely.

"Man of iron! What are you doing?" Thor asked.

"I'm making sure Ezra is ok" i responded, pulling up the video feed and working on the mic.

"I trust Loki though I assume you all will need to see that she is fine so let us watch the video of the two" Thor boomed, not at all using his inside voice.

"Thor inside voice" I hissed, turning up the volume on my computer so we could hear them. The rest of the avengers crowded around me to watch. At first they were just standing there but then I noticed that Ezra was crying. Probably from old memories that were stirred up. Loki then wordlessly waked over to Ezra and hugged her from behind, resting his head on hers and swaying slightly.

"Loki would do this every time Ezra was upset and when he didn't think anyone else was watching." Thor commented. "Whenever I got in a fight with Loki and I claimed that he didn't care for anyone my mother would show me the ways in which he cares for others including myself and Ezra using an enchanted mirror."

"Thor! Because of you talking I didn't hear what Loki said" birdbrain whisper shouted.

"That's fine I know what comes next. They have a special song they were forced to write for music class and they're gonna start singing it". Thor said cheerfully.

Thor was right for right after he stopped talking Loki started singing and soon Ezra joined in. "All be damned, raindeer games can sing" I commented.

"Ezra isn't half bad either" Nat said.

Thor then desided to sing along, softly humming and then quietly singing. After the song finished Thor explained why he knew the lyrics. "I heard them practicing for the school talent show and I told them that if they let me watch them practice and they each have me half of their dessert I wouldn't tell our parents that they were preforming. They actually got 1st place."

I turned back to the computer screen to see Loki helping a exhausted Ezra into bed. Loki moved to head out the door but Ezra asked for him to say with her.  Cute. I thought. They are definitely more than friends.

"We all agree that we are going to do everything in our power to make sure the two of them end up together right?" Peter asked.

Various versions of "yup" was heard across the room and one loud "yes! My prayers will finally be answered!" From Thor.

Ezra's pov

I woke up and started to roll out of bed but I felt a arm around my waist pulling me back. When I turned around I saw a peaceful looking, sleeping Loki. I used my hand to move some of his hair out of his face and my stomach did flips. What the hell?! You've felt this way for him before but you got over it! But he's hot and amazing! So? He's still my best friend. Make it more. Shut up! I mentally face palmed before resuming my original position and letting sleep take over me agian.

¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆¶∆

Word count: 1052