Chapter 2

(Y/N)'S POV

I ease my eyes open to the blinding sunlight peeking through the dusty hotel curtains. I look to my left and for once Mark is still fast asleep. I slowly creep out of the bed, to not wake him. I decide to be a good ass fiance and to go downstairs and bring him some food. I just throw on some sweatpants, my bra, and a decent t-shirt. I'm not going to dress up since we are just going to the airport later today. I grab my room key as I walk out of the room.

I walk down to the first floor and enter the room where the breakfast is. There is barely anyone there. I grab to plates and start to fill them up, keeping in mind what food Mark especially likes. I finish filling them up and make the trek back to our room. I somehow balance both plates on my arm when I need to unlock our door, I open it and walk-in. Mark seems to have still not moved.

I put down the food and walk over to Marks' side of the bed. I gently rock him back and forth to wake him. He wakes up looking confused.

"Oh, it's you, good." He discovered.

"Yup and I brought you food," I say gesturing to the food.

"Aww, thanks (Y/N)," Mark says, sitting up in bed. I walk over to the dresser I placed the food on and bring both plates to the bed. I hand Mark his and I take mine. We both start to eat.

"What time is our flight today?" Mark asks.

I pause from eating," It's at 1, so we should probably try and get there around 11 to 12."

"Cool, what time is it now?" Marks asks, trying to look at the clock behind me. I look behind me and the clock reads 9:36.

"It's 9:36."

"Ight, so we have like an hour and a half. What do you wanna do in the meantime?"

"well, we should probably get all of our things together?" I suggest.

"Yeah, we don't wanna leave anything here."

Mark and I finish eating our food and start to collect all of our things from around the room. I first start by getting all my clothes together as does Mark. We are both walking around the room looking for our things, making sure not to miss anything. All this running around takes about an hour and 15 minutes. I flop onto the unmade bed, tired.

I sigh as my body hits the bed. "That took forever. Who knew we had so much shit."

"Haha, yup. Well, should we call an uber?"

"Yeah." I pull out my phone, go through my apps, find the right one, and schedule for an uber to pick us up. " Okay, we should down to the lobby." I get up from the bed and pick up my backpack and throw it over my back. I grab my suitcase and start heading towards the door.

Right before we exit the room, I turn to Mark and ask "Do we got everything?"

"I'm pretty sure we do, but I'll do one last sweep of the room." Mark rechecks the room, then we are ready to leave. We get down to the looby, wait there for a few minutes and our Uber eventually arrives. We arrive at the airport, we go through all the trouble of TSA and we get to the main part of the airport.

I see Mark glance at his watch and looks back up at me. "It's 11:32."

"Wow, we got here early. We still have about an hour and a half till takeoff."

"Well let's go find our gate. Then we can mess around over there." Mark looks down at his ticket. "I think it's this way." He points left.

We walk in the direction Mark pointed to. We hop on one of the moving sidewalks right away, to save our feet. I point out some of the art fixtures that I love about the Chicago Midway airport to Mark. I am acting like a little kid pointing out everything to him. he loves it though, smiling the whole time. After a few different moving sidewalks, we arrive at our gate. There are about 30 people already there waiting, but there are still tons of seats left.