Eugene ♥︎ Nightmare

- • ♥︎ • -

Eugene ♥︎ Nightmare

In which Eugene has a terrible dream, and panics when his girlfriend is not next to him... only to find her looking at the stars

- • ♥︎ • -

"Eugene—?"

"Y/n— there you are!!"

Euegene panted in great relief, yet still tense from the terrible dream that had just tormented him for a short while, still desprately trying to regain his breath after the atrocious experience. Despite the darkness of the main classroom, your widened eyes could tell that he was sweaty, pale and terrified, for a suspicious reason, causing you to gasp and stand up immediately.

"Babe— is everything okay? Did you see a—"

"No! No— thank goodness it wasn't real...!"

"Thank... Eugene—?!"

Before you could question him, your beloved pulled you towards him without warning, his arms enveloping tightly around you, his hand keeping your head close to his chest as he pressed a long kiss into your hair, squeezing his almost-teary eyes shut and savouring the moment of having you close to him again, fingers tangled in your hair, arm secured around your waist, mumbling how grateful he was to know that the nightmare meant nothing, that it was not real... that you were not taken away from him.

Suddenly, he felt your hands press softly against him, loosening his hold on you, still breathing heavily with fear. He cupped your cheek, his eyes almost filled with tears as they focused on you, observing your shocked expression and your trembling lips— it looked as if he had seen something terrible, as if he was checking to make sure you weren't harmed from whatever horrific sight came to his eyes.

"E—Eugene...!" You squeaked, placing your hand upon his shoulder, rubbing it slowly at a caring pace, trying whatever you could to calm his nerves.
"What happened?... Is everything okay?"
"I..." Keeping you safely close to him, his words trailed off as he planted a solaced kiss to your cheek, his worries and anxiety washing away from the comfort of your touch, swallowing the lump in his dry throat... he was happy to have you back, to hold you again and, this time, make sure to never let you go.

"Babe... I had a dream," He mumbled, now feeling a little embarrassed to talk about the dreadful dream after coming to realise that— thankfully— there was nothing true about it at all.
"You... zombies appeared in the school and attacked you, and dragged you away, and... well, I woke up, not seeing you and..." He opened his eyes, a completely different look almost hiding his worries— he seemed furious now, clenching onto you more securely than before.
"Why did you leave the classroom? I was so worried about you!!"

"Eugene—!!" You silenced him, wanting to explain yourself before he could allow his anger to get the better of him— you hated seeing him upset, and knowing that you had a part in causing these emotions to spring made you feel worse, weighing your heart down into a pit of guilt.
"...I left the classroom, because I wanted to see the stars..." You explained with a downcast face, glancing briefly at the night sky that had caught your attention, and pulled you away from his sleepy embrace.
"I couldn't get a very good view of them in our class... so I went out to come here... I'm sorry for worrying you,"

You noticed that his grasp on you lightened more, and he let out a shaky breath of realisation, your eyes observing him in confusion— was... he alright now?
"Well... I'm still mad at you, y'know..." He mumbled, pressing a kiss upon you, except against your lips. Deep, needy, relieved to finally have you in his arms again, cherishing this moment of holding you close to him, where he could make sure you were safe and unharmed... nothing happened to you. Nothing at all... he could be at peace now. He was now able to forget all about the awful dream, lock it away and never let it return to him...

Unfortunately, by pressing your hands against his chest, you soon had to break his passion-filled kisses due to a lack of breath, earning a snarky grin from him as he pulled you closer, sneakily pressing yet another kiss against your flushed cheek, hugging you lovingly— for once not caring about you seeing his soft side. But he was surprised when he suddenly felt you tug on his sleeve, his amber eyes gazing down at you in question.

"Maybe we can look at the stars together now?"

And you both did so, happily forgetting about the nightmare.

- • ♥︎ • -

Heyy! The first one-shot of the book! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it, and stay tuned for more!~ xx