Ethan ♥︎ Ring

- • ♥︎ • -

Ethan ♥︎ Ring

In which Ethan was told to go and look for food... until he came across a ring shop.

- Sorry if he's a lil'bit ooc? Sorry ^^

- • ♥︎ • -

With his old but sturdy bat grasped securely in hand, Ethan obeyed Lawrence's orders for today's food search and began to scout around the once-friendly supermarkets and corner shops, eyes scanning around the damaged shops for any signs of food to bring back for the other survivors within the school building, who had noticed that they were running low of food— not to mention that Scarlett was also beginning to whine about the lack of things to eat, once again and unsurprisingly blaming the situation on his poor girlfriend, whom he stepped up for by casually reminding her that this usually happens every two weeks (and it honestly did).

How his dear Y/n was able to put up with the utter nonsense that devil-of-a-woman says, Ethan could not figure out the rather admirable mystery, and preferred to just conclude that it was simply another one of her wonderful traits— not that he minded just leaving it as that... besides, it wasn't as if he was incorrect.

His girlfriend possessed many wonderful traits, he came to realise, as their relationship developed and more (blissful) months passed. Ethan was aware that she seemed to be a nice girl ever since him and the others saved her, as she treated those around her with kindness, and cared for them. But as he spent more time with and around her, he soon— and quite quickly— learned that such kindness and care came straight from her pure heart, as it was... true, genuine, and part of the already perfect her, only making him fall in love with her more than he thought he already was.

...Brow quirking, Ethan suddenly snapped back into reality. It seems his trail of lovely thoughts had distracted him from finding food, and guided him to a completely different-looking shop, the entrance just steps away. Confused, he glanced up, trying to spot a logo or name of the little shop he had unintentionally arrived at—

Pandora

Ah, that... that ring shop? Jewellery? Curious, he took a brief look inside, only to stop when he saw many incredible yet expensive necklaces and bracelets and earrings and rings and... well, the stuff girls like, he realised. And those exquisite, glittering jewels did not escape his keen eyes, only to cause him to shrug with not much interest, ready to walk off to continue with his important task...

Until a certain item caught his eye.

Pausing, he looked closely at this item, which seemed to be a normal-looking ring if only it weren't for it to adorn the, admittedly, most beautiful diamonds he's ever encountered in his life, knowing that any girl would be head-over-heels if their eyes laid upon this skilfully-crafted engagement ring.

And, for a moment, he suddenly thought of Y/n. He imagined what it would be like to present the ring to her... he pictured seeing her ever-so-adorable surprised face once she realised what was happening, he could imagine noticing a fresh but joyful tear roll down her cheek as she nodded immediately, grinning and giggling with uncontainable excitement as he placed the ring on her finger, wasting no time to pull her new fiancé into a hug—

Why was he thinking about this all if a sudden? Ethan shook his head, unaware of the blush that had crept upon his cheeks as he sighed, ready to leave again...

But the thoughts lingered in his mind, and he stopped yet again, glancing at the engagement ring, which turned into an intense stare, deciding what to do... No. It was too early for them to suddenly get engaged. Especially during a zombie apocalypse, and they've only been going out for just a few months!

And yet... what if this continues? What if this crisis continues, and they could never at least share a happy memory of becoming engaged? And to think about the wedding, perhaps... sure, sadly there weren't any wedding rings around in the store, and a wedding could possibly never come for him and Y/n due to the chaos nowadays.

But he loved her. He loved her very much, more than he ever expected himself to be... and he and Y/n promised to never allow the current situation to interfere with their relationship, no matter how dire things could get in the future...

Finally coming to a conclusion, Ethan carefully glanced around, making sure no one was around, before raising his bat high, swinging it swiftly and with all his might, landing a solid, clean hit down onto the glass cabinet, which shattered easily from his strong blow. Watching the glass falling onto the floor in a clutter, he failed to hold back a rather proud smile, as this glass was meant to resist such attacks... now he could see why everyone praised his strength.

And, very careful not to stand on the glass, he picked out the ring that had successfully caught his eye, stepping quickly but doggedly out of the store, gazing gladly at the engagement he managed to claim, making a proper start to the search for more food, as things about the ring he never thought he could think of started to find a place to reside in his mind.

A symbol of their love.

Their future.

Their hope.

- • ♥︎ • -

Hi! I hope you enjoyed reading this, and thanks for doing so! xx