Harry ♥︎ Thunder

- • ♥︎ • -

Harry ♥︎ Thunder

In which you are woken up by the noises of thunder, only to discover that your beloved is suffering from a horrible headache...

- • ♥︎ • -

"Wha—?!"

The loud bang of thunder caused you to jolt up in an instant and along with a gasp of surprise, disturbing you from your pleasant slumber.

From just outside the tent, you noticed that a bright flash of light was now beginning die down nicely— a thunderstorm, you figured out quickly, and predicted some time ago. After all those lovely and gorgeous sunny but blazing hot days, some rain and thunder was bound to come soon.

Despite how noisy the storm was, you actually woke up to a little gift— the calming sounds of the rain outside, pouring gently down to the world, and creating soft taps against the material of the tent.

With a smile, you decided to appreciate this kind of weather for once— it was rare, after all— and try to go back to sleep, your eyes slowly dropping shut as you buried yourself into the sleeping bag—

"Ngh—!!"

But now, a sudden groan caused more shivers running down your spine than when you heard the thunder crackle.

Rising up on the bed, you turned quickly, only for your eyes to be met with your beloved in pain, his fingers tangled into his hair, jaw clenched tightly as drops of sweat began to run down his temple.

"Harry!" You whispered— not too loud, as you were aware of what was happening to him.

It was something he mentioned to you before when a storm took place from outside— hearing the loud noises of the thunder not only worsened his headaches, but sadly caused them to arise too.

He gasped, rubbing his forehead with a shaking hand as he turned to see you, his skin sweaty and pale in pain and slight fear, forcing a smile as if trying to reassure you.

"Y—Y/n... don't worry... it's okay—"

Another, and louder, crack of thunder frightened the both of you, his headache throbbing more violently. Another groan slipped from his quivering lips as he dug his nails into his head, trying whatever he could to lessen the ache.

"Oh, Harry..." You sighed, saddened to see him so hurt, and softly ran your own fingers through his hair, to which he flinched to, almost about to protest and say that there was no need for you to be so worried, until succumbing to your serene touch, his head relaxing into your hands.

"Shh, it's alright, Harry... just relax..."

You learned to do these actions ever since he told you about the headaches that tormented him, and whenever you saw him suffer from them— true, your affections will not do away with them completely, but your heart could not allow yourself to sit by and do nothing to try and ease him.

You continued to run your much steadier fingers along his hair, leaning forward to press a kiss against his temple. He sighed, the heat of his breath hitting your neck as you murmured words of reassurance— which were more honest than his attempt earlier. With a kind smile, you adjusted the position you were in, now led upon the bed.

"Come here, rest your head sweetie..."

Your hands lovingly guided him down, allowing him to rest his head upon your chest, just as you advised him to— not without you pressing another small kiss to his head, just to add to the comfort.

More thunder broke out, and you felt him wince and tense up more— and so you placed your hand against his head, the warmth of your hand calming him as he buried his head in the crook of your neck, with a rosy blush colouring his paled skin.

The pain still remained within his head, though he felt it lessen whenever he felt your kisses being soothingly placed into his silver hair, helping him to battle his fears against the noises outside, relaxing into your warm embrace.

"Harry, listen to the rain..."

You advised him, pointing up to the droplets trailing down the outside of your shared tent, watching as his violet eyes glanced up in curiosity. He took notice of the gentle sound, a small smile growing the more he listened, his eyelids becoming more sleepy and heavy until they finally closed in peace, shamelessly snuggling up close to the love of his life, whilst the sounds of the rain also helped to comfort him.

"Try to get some sleep now, love..."

You chuckled as quietly as possible when he hummed drowsily in response, placing a kiss that lasted a little longer than the rest. Once again the thunder disturbed the campsite— and this time, Harry was able to battle his fears, with only a weaker headache harming him, without much effect as the ones he would usually have.

"Y/n... thank you..."

He whispered, his mind filled with heavenly thoughts about his beloved and followed by a tranquil slumber, knowing that he can get past any fear with Y/n by his side.

- • ♥︎ • -