Q & A with actress Thea Gill - Actress

There are many elements in the role of Stacey that are very different from Thea Gill. How do you approach a role in order to bridge the gap between who you are and who the character is?

I try to approach acting as a way to know myself better. I'm discovering that the whole process IS like a bridge actually—a passageway to unknown places within. I work very hard to remain professional on set so the character I'm finding has some sort of safety net, and it also makes the masochistic nature of the search bearable... because Crafty always made me special treats!

There are some extremely powerful turns of events in the world of Stacey. What message do you hope audiences will walk away with?

I suppose there's a desire in me to see Mulligans be a comfort to those who most who need it, to be cathartic, to be a feel-good film, and to take the guilt of making mistakes away....

You have an illustrious history working within LGBT film and television. As a straight woman do you feel a connection to help with visibility of this community?

I was surrounded by girls at CHS, the private girls' school I attended in Vancouver, BC, since I was six years old and recently celebrated my thirty-eighth birthday with girls from all over the world at Dinah Shore in Palm Springs, CA! I genuinely feel I have been called upon to focus a great deal of my life to the study and activism of lesbian and gay rights. I always will.