Q & A with Actor Dan Payne - Actor

What drew you to the role of Nathan?

It isn't very often you get the chance to play a character with so much depth and conflict—what an amazing opportunity for exploration and insight. I wanted to challenge myself to tell this great story through this character and deal with the internal and external roller coaster of obstacles his journey presents.

How did you approach the infatuation that grows with the character of Chase?

I approached it like every infatuation I've ever felt! You have an attraction/connection with someone, you let the seed get planted in your mind, then you rationalize it to death and tell yourself no one will get hurt; you begin to see more and more great qualities and freedom in indulging in that emotion and feeling—and in that person. Then you jump!

You were involved in an earlier live reading of the script through the Cold Reading Series—what parts of Nathan do you relate to?

I related to the feeling of getting older! I could also remember times in my life that I was living it for others and thinking it was the "right thing to do" to keep people happy. Unaware that it was a false sense of happiness that resided on thin ice. It reminded me that being true to myself and honest with the people I care about will always be the "right thing to do." That path gives love foundation.

Why do you feel it's important to tell this story?

Love is universal. And there is a universal struggle to find love and acceptance that starts with being honest with yourself. You have to find that in order to find peace and happiness for you and those around you!