skin to skin contact

Hi everyone, if you didn't know I took a small break. I take breaks every so often because I struggle a lot with my mental health. It has always been a challenge for me. I want to say thank you so much for all of the support. Thank you for 6k reads. Enjoy this imagine <3

~~~

You are feeling overwhelmed by the sleepless nights and checking on the beautiful creation you and Harry made. You and Harry recently had a daughter whom you adore so much. When she was first born, Harry couldn't stop holding her. Harry would not put her down for one second. If she needed to sleep, he would hold her and sway his body from side to side so she can sleep peacefully.

When your daughter, Amelia, wakes up crying, Harry is always the one to get up and check on her because he wants you to rest given the fact you gave birth to her. This time, you were the one to get up and get Amelia and take her to your room. Harry would always scold you for getting up because your body just had an experience, birth. You would still wake up with Harry, you just won't physically get out of bed.

You are currently breastfeeding your daughter. When it is time to feed Amelia, Harry always wants to be around her because he enjoys seeing her daughter eating. Harry and yourself always found that breastfeeding is a natural thing. Even if you are out in public, he is never embarrassed. You always cover yourself, but you weren't going to not feed your daughter because of what other people think.

You didn't know that Harry was awake until you felt his arms around your stomach, rubbing circles on your hips.

"Didn't I tell you to not get up?" Harry mumbles, face squished from being pressed against the pillow.

"Well, yeah, but Amelia is hungry and you were knocked out. I didn't want to wake you" Amelia lost contact with your breasts, causing her to whimper. Harry sits up right away because he hears his daughter whimper.

Harry puts his head on your shoulder while his left arm goes around Amelia, "What's wrong baby girl," he softly asks while looking at her.

"She just unlatched," you tell him to make his nerves calm down a bit. You tried to have her latch on, but she doesn't.

"Why is she not latching?" Harry rubs his thumb against her head.

"She has been eating for some time now, so maybe she isn't hungry anymore. Here can you take her blanket for me please?" Harry nods, taking her light green and white polka dot blanket. You sit Amelia up and put her head on your shoulder, her body against your chest. You pat her back lightly repeatedly so she can burp.

She let out a loud burp, causing you and Harry to laugh.

"Baby are you feeling better" he looks at Amelia with adore in his eyes. He would do anything for you and Amelia.

You continue to pat her back. You can just pass out while burping her.

"Y/N" he softly says. Every time Harry is around her, he doesn't want to talk too loud because her ears are sensitive.

You hummed, looking at Harry. You take in his appearance. His hair is messy, going every which way. His stubble coming in, wearing a black tank top with just his boxers.

"I asked if you were okay"

"Oh, I thought you were talking to Amelia when she burped" you let out a small laugh.

"No, I was talking to you, my love" he never fails to make you blush by calling me pet names. He never fails. You were always afraid that once you two start a family, things would change between you and Harry. It changed for the better, he still shows and expresses love towards you, and just now he also focuses on Amelia. He also would always ask you how you are doing. He is still the sweet Harry.

"I am doing okay. Still in pain which is nothing new. I can't wait to fully start walking. I am just happy that we have a family of our own. I am still exhausted and want a full night's rest, but that is now impossible because of Amelia." Since you gave birth, things are going to change from now on. Your priorities are going to change. It is now time to put Amelia first before yourself.

"Thank you so much for giving me a family. I couldn't imagine someone else being the mother of my children. I want more kids with you. You are it for me. I have always told myself to protect you before myself and now I have two girls to protect now. I love you Y/N" he wraps his arm around your shoulders, giving you a kiss on your lips.

You want to respond to him, but he keeps on looking at Amelia. "Do you want to hold her?"

His face lights up and nods his head with a small grin. You reach to place her in his arms before he tells you to wait. You look at him confused, but before you can ask him why he takes off his tank top to show his inked skin. You have always loved his tattoos. You carefully place Amelia in his arms and places her on his chest.

"I read in the books that skin-to-skin contact is very important because of the bond between the baby and the parents." You look at him, turning to your side while placing your hand on her back and rubbing slightly. Amelia's face is against his upper chest. She slightly rubs her face into his chest, her breathing at a normal pace, telling you she is sleeping.

"Thank you for giving me a baby Harry. There is no man I want to spend my life with other than you. I want to be a mother to your children and now I am. There is no other man who I want to father my children. You are it for me. We now have a family of our own, and I can't wait to have more kids with you" you look up at him, wanting to show appreciation towards him.

He leans down to give you a kiss on your lips, "You are my world darling," he whispers against your lips. You deepen the kiss, feeling the warmth of his lips against yours.

"You are my everything" you look at Harry and Amelia. This is your life now.

~~~

How did you like this??

I am going to use Ameilia as the daughter's name from now on.

Vote and comment maybe?

kissy,, alyssa