Chapter 5 - Todoroki's P.O.V

"I'm ready to start my training," Deku says. I have been waiting for him to get here all day. I knew his power would almost get out of control and he would want to train. That's what happened to me. I just wish Toya could have trained me. Not Endeavor. Ugh...

"Alright let's get started then," I say with a smile on my face. This is going to be fun! I grab Deku's hand in one hand and Toya's in the other and lead them both to a back room.

There are targets and punching bags. Ugh. There are no fireproof targets for him to practice on. Oh well. I can just make some ice for him to melt.

"Okay, since there are no fireproof targets for you to practice on, I will make some ice for you to melt. The goal is to melt only the ice and not set anything on fire. We will start off big and gradually get smaller. Can you do that?" I say to Deku. I feel so in charge.

I have a wall of ice about the size of the targets that are in the room already. "The goal is to melt this...circle...thing," I say to Deku. He looks surprisingly confident for someone who just got a quirk.

After we finished his training, which went surprisingly well: He only set three things on fire, we went back to the main room where we found everybody sitting quietly.

"What is everybody doing?" I hear Deku ask. I look around and everybody looks worried. I wonder what they are thinking.

"We came in here and we heard a lot of screaming so we assumed that Deku was training with Todoroki and Dabi so we didn't want to disturb you guys because it sounded like you were making a lot of progress. Do you mind showing us what you have learned?" All For One asks.

I look over at Deku and he shrugs so I am going to take that as a yes. I wake a fairly small blob of ice and set it on the table. Deku walks up and melts the ball but his flames turn blue and he starts freaking out. "I-I don't know what happened! It just got so hot! How do I make it stop?" He screams.

I run over to him and encase his arm in my ice and wait for him to cool down but he melts it. I should have known fire melts ice. I mean he was just melting it earlier.

Dabi comes over and speaks to Deku quietly. I can't make out what he is saying but Deku quickly calms down and puts out his fire. Wow. What did he say? He has to teach me that trick.

I walk over to Deku and ask him what Dabi said to him that could make him calm him down so quickly. "He just told me that I can control my power if I try hard enough and that he believed I could do it. That's all." He says. I nod and walk over to Kamanari.