2

« I need help. »

"I hope you know that you won't get tan, love. It's in your genes." Sarah warned from the living room, listening to Steve hum a song and do the remaining of the dishes before being picked up by Bucky and going to the beach with a few others.

"I'll keep that in mind." He chuckled as he placed the last plate back into the cabinet after drying it off with a towel. He then dried his hands and checked his phone for a notification from Bucky saying when he would pick Steve up. The time was 11 in the morning, at 12 to 3 the sun is the strongest. And it was June, after all.

School was ending soon, and everyone was ready to leave. It was hard for Steve to really grasp that next year he was going to graduate, he'd be out of regular school forever. It could be his educational ending if he chose it, he wouldn't of course. He'd still go to college, he was hoping to receive a scholarship since college is so expensive.

Sarah had secretly—almost all of Steve's life—saved up so that Steve would have the opportunity to choose any school he desired, she never told him about it. She didn't think she would need to tell him when he's in middle school or something, and with one more school year 'til graduation she figured now would be a good time. So she turned off the tv and stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen where she saw Steve sitting by the table with his phone in his hands.

"Steve, I have something to tell you." She began, he looked up, giving her a worried look. He was afraid it was something very sinister when she spoke to him like that. And Sarah noticed that she scared him, she chuckled and sat down on the chair next to his.

"I don't have bad news, don't you worry about that."
Steve took a sigh of relief and smiled at his mom.

"I've been saving money ever since you were 7 and got into drawing, I thought about it and I wasn't going to rely on you getting a scholarship since they don't give those to art students." She explained. Steve's eyes widened, a smile formed on his lips. He also thought for a second, realizing where his own work money, from the job he had for 6 months at a coffee shop, had gone.

"So that's where my salary went."
Sarah nodded and smiled. Steve felt how the phone in his right hand started buzzing, he looked at its display and saw Bucky's name across it. He answered the phone gleefully, making the boy on the other line light up like a beacon.

"You're happy today, aren't you?" Bucky asked.

"Totally. How could I be sad on a day like this?" Steve answered, turning his torso to look out the window behind him to see the sun shining and no clouds as far as the eye could see.

"Awesome. Sam and I are on our way, we'll meet the others there." He informed Steve, making it clear that Steve had the perfect amount of time to get ready before leaving the house. Today he was really beaming, he had woken up in a good mood, slept well, ate a nice breakfast and then got the dishes done in record time. Also he was excited to see his friends.

The two boys hung up and Steve left the kitchen to go to his room and pack a towel, a pair of swimming shorts and sun block with 30 spf. He dressed in a white t-shirt and a pair of light washed jean shorts and high-top converse, he stuffed it all in a bag and put on a pair of sunglasses. If he wouldn't he'd be blind before even getting to that beach. His preparations took longer than he expected so when Sarah shouted to him that Bucky and Sam were outside waiting for him he rushed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Once he was done he rushed outside, forgetting to tell Sarah goodbye. She didn't mind, it was probably the first time ever he didn't so this time she'd let it slide.

Bucky's car was very nice, a cab without a roof. He only ever used it during the summer though, of course. So all Steve had to do to get inside it was jump inside and immediately take a seat, Sam rode shotgun and Bucky drove. They greeted each other and put on some music while getting to the beach. They all got to put songs on hold and jam out to them while being cooled down from the roofless car while the sun was still going at it.