5

« I need help. »

"This place looks nice." Tony commented as he looked out of Steve's window while Steve got ready to get out of the car, after saying that and waiting for Steve's response Tony took off his hoodie and gave it back to him.

"Thank you, I guess. And thanks for the ride." Steve smiled to Tony and opened the door, intending to go back inside so that he could explain the situation to Sarah who had most likely gotten a call from the school about his absence. He would have to lie, he would never admit to her that he had been skipping on purpose. And on top of that that it was HIS idea.

"Hey, wait!" Tony interrupted, Steve stopped halfway out the car and watched as Tony dug around for something in his pockets. He figured that it would take a little while, whatever it was Tony had in mind, so he got back in the car again and closed the door after him. "Give me your number so you can send me that tiktok."
Tony held out his phone for Steve to take, to actually give Tony his number.

'Tony Stark really wants MY number? I'm not complaining, in any possible way, but why? Why would he want my number?'
He pondered as he sat frozen, looking at Tony.

"If you don't want to, just tell me, man." He shrugged, putting his phone away once more.

"Nonono! That—sorry I—I do want your number, sorry. I'm just..tired. I didn't sleep a lot tonight." Steve stuttered, he hoped he hadn't offended Tony. Which was why he was nervous.

"Mmh." Tony mumbled, for it to sound like he said 'alright'. Steve took Tony's phone and typed in his name and his number and gave it back, Tony pressed on the faceless icon and then on the 'take picture' option. He aimed the camera towards Steve and snapped a picture, just after that, Steve realized.

"Stop that, Tony." Steve complained as he tried to take his phone and delete the picture, Tony dodged Steve's attempt and looked at the picture. It had turned out amazing, especially since Tony did it on the fly and since Steve wasn't even prepared.

"Oh no no, hold on there. That's theft, dearie. Shoo, Steve, shoo." Tony waved with his arms to make Steve leave the car, Steve chuckled before exiting. He said a last goodbye before he watched him speed off in his awesome car.

Steve had gotten home, Sarah asked why she had gotten a call from the school an hour ago. He had to lie. He told her that he had gotten an asthma attack because he had rushed to school and he had forgotten his inhaler, and he didn't want to tell a teacher so he went home. And the explanation he had for not being home when Sarah got home was that he wanted to go to the store and get snacks. But ended up forgetting his wallet so he didn't come back with anything. She took the bait, hook—line—sinker.

Sarah was upset about it, because Steve had never skipped or left school without telling a teacher. She didn't know why he would do that, and she couldn't have imagined he skipped with another guy that he didn't even really know.

After that weird day Steve couldn't get Tony out of his head, especially because of the arc reactor thing. He felt his own heart beating harder just thinking about it, how trapped Tony must be and feel with that thing in his chest. Even without the whole 'killing him' part, the thing that is keeping the boy alive is killing him at the same time. And it worried Steve, no one else seemed to know. He wasn't sure that was the case, he hoped it wasn't. 'Cause Steve wouldn't be able to help Tony in any shape or form with that.