Coming to-Grady's POV

A/N: This is going to be short, sorry. It's an apology chapter for you guys, because I haven't updated in awhile... :P

"Hello Grady. I was told that the effects of our favorite Beguiler would be waning off soon."

I moaned. 

My head was killing me, and there was a bright light in my eyes. 

When I tried to sit up though, I found that my torso was strapped to something. 

A chair?

"Where am I? Who are you? Where's Sophie and Edaline? What did you do?"

The voice chuckled. 

"My, my, my. So insistent. Don't worry. They'll be fine, for now. You on the other hand, we have some business to take care of."

The voice, it sounded so familiar, but it grated upon my eardrums. 

I tried to make it be quiet, reaching out my senses, but I felt nothing. 

That's strange. I should be able to feel the person's body, but I can't.

"What did you do to me?!"

"Nothing that can't be fixed. But we're going to keep you this way until we get what want from you."

"What is it?"

I practically spat the words out. 

"Uh uh uh. That's telling. But, don't worry. The next time you come to your senses, there will be no one to live for. And we'll have no problem cutting off loose ends."

I gulped. 

The words stirred up anger inside of me, and I lashed out. 

"Don't you dare hurt Sophie and her friends!"

"Oh, we haven't, but you have. Thanks to you, we have her and her precious Shade all wrapped up neatly not too far away from here."

Gasping, I struggled to get free. 

They have Sophie and Tam. 

What else have I done?

"Oh, Hepa! The Mesmer is ready to take a long nap again!"

A hooded elf walked in, masking their figure, but the walk indicated that the elf in question was female. 

She raised her hands, and whispered in a low, soothing, captivating voice. 

"Sleep is for the tired, and you are so weary. This will all be a forgotten dream, but in this dream, you are not the master. We are, and you will listen to us."

Even though the words should have made me panic, I closed my eyes, fighting every soft lidded blink. 

You're stronger than this Grady. Fight it. 

Fight for Sophie, for Eda. 

For the Neverseen. 

And I drifted off. 

A/N: Oop. That's the part I alluded too. But at least we know Grady didn't  betray Sophie. On purpose. Probably. Right?