Free?-Third Person's POV

A/N: I know I haven't updated in a few days, but I'm working on an art project for my ship shot's cover, so my free time has been kind of consumed by that. Which is also why that particular story hasn't been updated either for a few days. 

Here's the story.

After Grady turned off the Imparter, from the shadows emerged two other cloaked members of the Neverseen.

Wordlessly, they crossed over to Keefe and Tam, undoing their restraints, for they were no longer needed. 

Grady undid his adopted daughter's restraints, but all of them left the ability restrictors on their captives. 

They required the blood of the person who put them on in the first place, and since none of the captives were related to their captors, the Neverseen did not fear for escape. 

"Grady, are you sure this is a good idea? The moonlark has done the impossible before."

"Yes, but in case you require a fail-safe, I have gone through the trouble of installing two of them."

"The walls are equipped with temporary paralysis shockers,except for one, and they deliver a shock instantly. If any of these three even brush the wall, they will be rendered immobile for 30 minutes. The electric shock will run through their body for a few seconds after, and anyone who touches them will also receive a shock," Grady paused, lips pursing, "though for a shorter time, but that can't be helped."

"The electric shock will set off an alarm, and a mechanism that brings the room's temperature down to freezing, and I have a robotic guard who is programmed to scan the room for signs of escape. If any signs are shown, steps will be put into measure to ensure no escape."

Grady took a few steps closer to Sophie, pulling out a syringe. On the end of it was a chip, and he inserted it into his adoptive daughter's neck. 

She cried out in pain, but fell silent shortly after. 

He walked over to Keefe and Tam, and after he finished with two more cries of pain, the mesmer tucked the glass contraption back into the folds of his cloak, walking out from the room. 

"What was that?" one of the Neverseen members asked suspiciously. 

Grady smiled, a smile so cold and calculating that the other Neverseen member felt a chill go down their spine. 

"Something I made my nephew make for me. Call it a kill switch."

Then, with a dramatic swish of his cloak, Grady walked away, with the Neverseen in his wake. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Groggily, Tam woke up, but wakened quickly when he realized that he could move freely. 

He slid off the cold metal table quickly, and went over to Sophie, ignoring the limp form between them. 

"Sophie, wake up. We can move about now."

He gently shook her, blond hair spilling over chapped hands. 

Sophie woke up, kicking and screaming, yelling indiscernible words. 

"Calm down Sophie! It's me! Tam!"

After a few more seconds of screaming, Sophie's eyes opened, her eyes darting around wildly until they found the boy with the silver bangs. 

"Oh, Tam! I had the most awful dream, ever!"

The boy pulled his friend to his chest, as she sobbed into his chest, and they slid to the floor, clinging to each other.