Dabi x Reader -Wedding Blues

(Angst-Ending with Fluff)

All my life I had lived in darkness. Following orders, society norms –acting proper. Living a life my parents wish for me to live –them deeming it's the life a young woman of high social class should have.

There was a point in my life when I believed that nonsense. But everything changed when I met the type of man my parents had warned me about.

Yet, only in his arms is where I felt a little touch of heaven, warmth, coziness, and safety that lite up my life. His arms wrapped around me is the only thing that brings me a peace, a sense of comfort I had never known before; the calming to a storm inside my heart.

With his hands roaming my body, his kisses trailing down my neck, I start to believe there's nothing to fear, that all is sunshine, light, and beauty. I wish I could extend each night I spend with him. Each night we silently and not so silently love each other. At least that's what I wish I could say. I never know what goes through his mind after our passionate encounters.

He leaves, often times before the sun rises into the sky and there I awake each morning alone in bed. The sheets are cold, the bed seems so big without him there. I must stand alone, be my own person; be the young woman who people expect me to be and forced to forget who I am when spending each night with him.

However, for the first time since we've met and slept in the same bed, he's spending the night with me even after we had finished. But there's a reason for that.

He has me with my head laying on his chest. His hand caressing my back, my hair; his gestures are gentle unlike how he is most of the time during sex. There's a soft expression on his face. Our eyes briefly meet before I sigh. This time it's me who has to leave, who has to return to her own house before the sun rises.

"I... have to go Dabi." I whisper solemnly as I place my hand on his chest. My eyes not daring to meet his.

"It's still early Dollface." He hoarsely speaks, "Still haven't had enough of you."

I sigh inwardly, "You know I can't tomorrow—"

"Yeah, yeah, I know." he exhales aggravated. "You're... marrying that idiot."

I nodded weakly. It doesn't have to be this way. Dabi you're my world... all you have to do is say those three words. I start sitting up, gradually parting from his warm body.

"Dabi, I have to. My parents want it that way."

"Bullshit. They don't own you." He spats with a scowl. "Don't feel like you gotta marry that stuck-up scumbag."

I don't reply and grab my discarded clothes from the floor. "I guess. But... Dabi—"

"What?" his tone is a bit irritated. His eyes me with a lazy glance.

"Dabi do you love me?" I bluntly ask.

His turquoise eyes stare at me. He's expressionless –like most of the time. Please Dabi... please say something. Don't you understand, if you tell me you love me...If you tell me not to marry him and stay with you... I would.

He remains silent. His eyes no longer looking at me. A self-deprecated smile falls on my face. I slip on my dress and nod. "There's no point in talking anymore I suppose. Bye Dabi." I can't bring myself to look at him as I grab my purse and leave the hotel room.

As soon as I'm out, walking under the moonlight, the tears start to fall. So many things I wish I could've told him. I love that man. I love him despite him being who he is, a villain, arrogant, sarcastic, aloof... I love him. If only he had loved me at least a little...