Chapter 1 - Humble Beginnings

You heard of the story where two High School teens fell in love, saved the world, and got married? Well not to brag but those two are my parents! Yup, I am the daughter of the King and Queen of Future Kingdom. What? You've never knew they became the King and Queen!?! Well maybe you should've pieced that together when reading the story! Whoops, Silvia told me not to break the fourth wall, so let me start off more proper like I intended to.

I am Poky Williams, I have the last name of my dad Bryce Williams! My mom Paulina named me after her favorite candy which was cotton candy! Funny enough, my hair is both pink and blue in two buns. I never acted like a real princess, but Mom insisted I at least tried learning about it. Only when Dad is ever around, I behave my best. When Mom told me she revived Dad from dying with magical tears, it shocked me! How did she do it? No wonder people call her a goddess.

Never before have I seen Mom get hurt, and when she does, her skin heals in two seconds! "Poky! Come downstairs for breakfast!" one of the maids said in the speaker. I get up from bed, quickly put on my clothes, dash down the stairs, and sit at the table. Mom and Dad notice my messy hair, them looking at each other thinking who was going to tell me. "Did your bed do your hair, little monkey?" Dad called me by my nickname. Mom giggled at his goofiness, and smiled.

"Remember what we said, you must always look your best as a princess" Mom said, walking over to brush my hair, and tie it up back into neat buns in the shape of bows that faded from pink to blue. My second mother who was Silvia ate only spaghetti, and I never understood why. "How could you eat so much pasta?" I asked Silvia, her looking at me with a funny look. "My stomach is a void" she joked, me instantly believed her. "Really?" I asked, pretending.

Silvia nodded, shoving a full spoon of pasta in her mouth. "Teach me how to hide a whole burger in five seconds!" I request, a horn going off at the front of the gate, one of the soldier's introducing two new guests. "Poky, your Uncles are here!" Mom surprised me. I gasp in excitement, me downing all the food in one go, and cleaning my dress off. I walk professionally to my uncles, my favorite one bending down to the floor, and holding his arms out.

"Poky! You look adorable in your polka-dot dress" Yanko compliments. I laugh at his tickling, and give him a big hug. Standing up straight, I see Ridget with his arms crossed, looking super cool as always. "Ridget! You promised me you would teach me how to use your sword!" I cry out, Ridget looking up to see Mom and Dad's faces that were bemused. "She doesn't know what she's talking about" Ridget laughed off, carrying me up in his much stronger arms.

"Higher! Higher!" I scream out, Uncle Ridget tossed me in the air, catching me in his grip every time. Yanko watched me squeal with laughter, Ridget playing around until his arms got tired. "Poky, you're 16 years old, why am I doing this again?" Ridget asked. "Because you are the strong and mighty solder who took down a million minions" I exaggerated. Yanko looked at Ridget with a sly smirk. "Did you change her storybook?" Yanko asked Ridget. He nodded yes.

"Poky, today you are going to be living with Yanko and Ridget for two months! Wouldn't that be fun? Mom questioned, me gasping surprised, and running to pack all my belongings. "Isn't that a tiny bit for you?" Dad asked, looking through my bag. I pull it away quick, hiding all the stuff buried at the bottom. "It's nothing, Dad, just my usual stuff" I laugh off, Mom being okay with that answer, and sending me off. "Have a good time!" Mom and Dad waved off. I wave back.

As soon as we got to the outside of the gates, Yanko and Ridget's carriage pulled up, and drove us to Yanko's Kingdom that was fully rebuilt. "Yanko, is it true your old birthplace was destroyed before?" I asked, laying my head on his shoulder. "Yes, little sweet pea, but now it's fixed, and you have your own room!" Yanko cheered, me squealing in happiness. I guess you could say I got that from Yanko. The carriage went up into Cloud Kingdom, Yanko helping me off.

Not all of the ground was clouds, there were some floating islands that were a part of the kingdom too! Ridget helped the driver of the carriage get to a nearby spot to park, Yanko giving me a piggy back ride, and running in the castle pretending to be a car. I laugh at his childish self, and make sounds of a race car zooming by. Ridget comes in after, seeing us already having our fun. He ignores his instincts to stop us, and joins our playtime, acting like the referee.

Even if I'm sixteen, I still had my fun acting like a child whenever I was around Yanko and Ridget. Yanko was the one who helped me embrace my younger traits, so I always acted mischievous or cutesy. Yanko and Ridget were like the second parents I wished for, except that they were actually my guardians, and having one of them get hurt would be heartbreaking. "Poky, you're getting heavy" Yanko warned, gently lowering me to the ground to stand.

"Yanko, we only ran through three hallways" Ridget said, Yanko pouting. "Oh yeah? How much can you do?" Yanko smirked, being confident in his own amount. "I can carry Poky through eight halls, running nonstop" Ridget responded, Yanko and I looking at each other with doubt. 'Ridget, when will you take note that you're getting older?' I mentally questioned his antics. Yup, these were the two I love hanging out with during the Summer. 

It was all a fun time, everything was going smoothly! What could possibly go wrong?