Chapter 11 - So It Begins

Uh oh, I've committed a crime, and the Kings know about it! Surely they aren't mad at me, and understand it was a mistake. "What do you mean a mistake!?" Ridget shouted, Yanko covering his mouth with his hand and apologizing for his outburst. I cross my arms, waiting for an explanation. By now, everyone in the whole Kingdom was awake, and were worrying about any upcoming attacks. "Beetle is a very dangerous enemy, he managed to kill your Dad and Yanko".

My eyes widen with shock, noting that Yanko and Dad are alive thanks to Mom. "I'm very sorry, is there any way I could help?" I ask hoping they would still trust me. Ridget and Yanko turn away from me, discussing their own thing about the situation. Ridget is the first to speak. "Yes, you can help in this final battle" Ridget stated, Yanko grinning widely. "Don't worry, us two can help train you, and some others as well" Yanko informed, me preparing to meet them.

I run up to my room, changing into the gear I knew I would need for training session. Ridget wore his normal King uniform as well as Yanko, three other people joining us to help train me. "Poky, we know you remember these people, so it'll be easy to learn from them" Yanko said with a hand on my shoulder, opening the gate to present Dad, Preston, and Gibson. "You guys are here!" Ridget exclaimed, all of them happy to see one another. I run up to hug Dad first.

"Poky, look how much you've grown in these two months!" Dad beamed, carrying me in a hug, and spinning around. "Dad, put me down before I get dizzy" I plead, him putting me down gently on the ground. "Okay, now that we are all here, let's begin" Ridget said, all of us heading to the training room that had a big barrier on top this time to protect us from monsters. Individually, each of the boys summoned their weapon, me not doing so yet.

"Poky, your weapon now" Ridget said, me struggling to summon it out without transforming first. They all watched me try my best, each of them giving awkward looks. A small spark came from my hand, the shape of the weapon appearing, but then quickly fading away. Dad sighed, not wanting to watch me suffer any longer. "Look Poky, look how I do it" Dad said, making his weapon go away before breathing deeply, concentrating on taking his sword out.

With ease, Dad finishes summoning his Aqua Sword. I copy his same movements, breathing in deeply and focusing on the shape and style of the weapon. Slowly, the weapon came out, and I was able to grab it. "Good job, Poky!" Yanko cheered, clapping for me. "Okay, now onto reflexes" Ridget said, him placing Gibson on to the field to battle me. I got to my fighting stance, Gibson standing perfectly straight. "Ready? Go!" Ridget shouted in a speaker.

Everyone stood in the front row of the bleachers, watching with intensity. I run up to Gibson, holding my wand up to hit until I blinked, and he was gone. "Where did he go?" I ask out loud, my legs being tripped by vines that grew out of the ground. "Point one to Gibson" Ridget yelled, me seeing a scoreboard of the boys on one side. On the other side was my face, no points below. "Next up, knowledge" Ridget announced, Preston getting up to the middle with me.

I get ready for the battle, Ridget noting that for this round I wasn't aloud to attack until I learn about the opponent's power first. "Ready? Go!" Ridget repeated, Preston preparing his weapons immediately. I run around, getting to know his pattern with placing bombs, as soon as I noticed where he placed them, I jump over them, running up to Preston. Now I gotcha! As soon as I was ready to start, one of his smaller bombs tripped me, the others staring a chain reaction.

"Point to Preston!" Ridget spoke, the scoreboard showing two to the guys, and zero for me still. Yanko covered his eyes in embarrassment, peeking through to see my next practice. "Next up, patience!" Ridget screeched through the speaker. Dad got to the middle with me now, him whispering something out. "Show me what you learned from Mom" he said, me nodding. "Read? Go!" he shouted again, me letting Dad come to me first. First he used his water moves.

"I waited for all the water to go under ground or evaporate, and then run over to get close to Dad. Once I did get close, he used a puddle appear to trip me over, me jumping to the other side quickly. I kept my mind sharp, acting quick. Once I got over the puddle, I didn't see the floating bubble of water in front of me. I get stuck inside, my movements slowing down. The other guys sighed, giving the point to Dad, now they have three, and I still have zero.

"Okay, now speed!". Yanko jumped over the fence that separated the bleachers, standing five feet away from where I was. "Yanko, please go easy on me" I plead, him giggling. "Don't worry, think of it as tag, just touch me once" Yanko whispered back, Ridget declaring the start. I wait for Yanko to use his speed power, but he normally ran which felt like I was watching him ten times faster. I can do this, let me try using time powers like Silvia taught me.

I slow down time instantly, everyone being twice as slow. Yanko seemed to be running five times his speed now which still was really fast. I dodged his hand, attempting to slow down time further. As soon as Yanko came from behind, I jump over, and see him running his normal speed. Thanks to this, I was able to run up to his speed, and tag him first. Once I did, I set back time to its normal speed, Yanko looking at me with a proud face. "Who won?" Ridget interrogated.

"Poky did" Yanko said, holding up my hand in the air. Ridget applauded as well as the others, him giving one point to me. I cheer for myself, hoping it won't get harder. "And now me, a battle of strength" Ridget said, jumping over the fence to save time, and him getting in a fight stance. "Bryce, I hope you're okay with me flinging Poky on the ground" Ridget stated. Dad laughed a bit, giving him permission to do so. "No weapons, just your body strength" Ridget informed.

I nodded, setting my wand aside. "Ready? Go!" Ridget yelled, me about to punch Ridget, but he grabbed my wrist first, and flipped me over him, me falling on my back. Ridget turned to face me, his hand pulling mine up. "We got lots to work on" Ridget teased, adding a point to the scoreboard for the guys. Boy do I need some real training. Overtime, I learned how to block, attack, observe my opponents' movements, and do all that really fast.

"Okay Poky, you ready to take on more than one person?" Ridget asked, me shaking my head 'no' abruptly. "Why? What's wrong?" Ridget laughed, me pointing at Gibson. "It feels unfair with his earth advantage" I remark, the others giggling about my fear. I was against everyone but Gibson since he can do anything anyone else can since he controls anything about nature. "Ready? Go!" Ridget announces, all of them already starting their plans.

The closest one to me was Preston, so I lure him into his own bomb trap, the bombs forcing him to stay where he was. Yanko and Bryce at the same time used their powers, me dodging the two, Bryce and Yanko bumping into each other. Ridget caught my arm, but I twisted my body the opposite way, tossing Ridget to Bryce and Yanko, and those two toppling over. Everyone went down together, me being the only one standing. Preston was too, but couldn't move at all.

"Did I do it?" I ask, them nodding in agreement. "We are stronger than the minions, but this is Beetle. He's made his minions stronger by now" Dad said, me hugging him close now that he was here. The others gave me a half-five, others giving a small hug. "Good job, Poky!" Yanko congratulated, him giving me a cookie secretly. "Just don't tell Ridget I gave this to you, he thinks eating healthy will give you energy. All kids know it's sugar" Yanko giggled.

This battle is going to be a long troublesome one....