oliver x reader

notes:
hell yea it's oliver this time!!! love this funky lad!!!
in this uh,,, fic- he takes you out for dinner, how romantic!
image credit: FUCK I DONT KNOW SORRY ;;; I THINK I FOUND IT ON TWITTER IDK??? please lemme know if you find the op i'll credit em!
~
cw: phone smooching hehehe-
characters: reader, oliver, mentions of billy and randy
reader is (phone/typewriter): phone
~
It was a quiet night in Dialtown, nothing special, besides the date you were attending to tonight of course. It seemed like cleaning your phone head was a lot more stressful when you had a handsome date to see in a few minutes. You ruffled up your jacket in hopes to look 'cooler'? as you entered the small restaurant that your date said he'd be at. And there he was, in the corner alone waiting at a table. You stumbled over to the table that he was at.

"H-hey. Oliver, isn't it?" You asked, he turned his head to look at you and smiled, a blush on his phone head. He had the same clothes he had on at the cinema where he asked you out. A red and black flannel and long black pants, guess it was his normal get up? He also had a fez that rested on top of his head, it occasionally shifted when he moved.

"Yea! So glad you came along! Please, sit." He said, gesturing to the chair opposite him. You took a seat, keeping your eyes on him. "So," he started, chin in his palms, staring softly at you, "how was your day today?" You grinned.

"Yea, I mean. As good as it can be, I guess. What about you?" Oliver sat up right, his arms resting on the table.

"Pretty groovy to be honest! Ever since you said yes to a date here I've been feeling great, still really glad you came along." You smiled.

"Hey, it's no problem. I'm just glad anyone would ask me out to be honest." You chuckled softly, glaring at Oliver ever so slightly. He only smiled warmly back, he really lit up the room, you were really surprised he hadn't found a date sooner. At that point the waitress came over. She was slim and tall, a yellow-y gold typewriter for a head.

"Hi, what can I get for you to tonight?" She asked, looking at Oliver specifically. A small bead of sweat ran down Oliver's head, guess he hadn't thought about what he wanted to order. He coughed.

"Uhhh... a pizza?" He rung with an awkward smile. The typewriter grinned.

"Sure! We do pizzas! Do you want to share it between the two of you?" Oliver glanced at you, looking for an answer. Your only response was a thumbs up, which he understood. "Cool. I'll be back with your food soon." And the waitress was off. Oliver ran his hand over his buttons and sighed.

"Gah, sorry.. didn't really think about my order. Hope it's still okay with you."

"It's fine, Oliver, don't worry!" You ensured him, besides, you were happy with anything to eat. The two of you talked, about work, about weird customers Oliver had at his workplace, about Billy and about that nokia guy who's always beating up the swans at the park. Seems like if there was a topic, Oliver could talk about it with you and make you laugh till you could barely breathe.

Your pizza finally came, which the two of you hungrily scoffed down. All the talking you were doing seemed to do something, and you needed your energy back. It didn't stop the two of you from talking with your mouth full and almost choking though. Eventually the pizza was gone and you were tuckered out for the night. The two of you paid and made your way to the exit.

"Thanks for tonight Oliver, I had such a fun time!" You chirped. Oliver rubbed the back of his neck and looked at you.

"It's... no problem. Do you wanna do this again sometime?" He asked, which you immediately agreed to. He smiled, leaning in and bonking you on the head (lol phone kissing). "Gnarly! I'll give you a call then!" He waved before running off down the street. You were still struck with a wide blush on your face. Eventually you made your way home, wondering when your next date would be with the most charismatic phone you'd ever met.
~
yay i think my writing is getting better, well i hope it is-
hope you enjoyed!