5

The Lakehouse

➿

Elizabeth grabbed her sisters hand, as soon as she shut the car door. She knew from the look on her sisters face that she would more than definitely be taking photos of the lake and the cabin.

"Woah." Elizabeth smiled at her sisters reaction, "Gorgeous, right?" Natasha nodded before pulling her to follow everyone else.

"Daddy what's that machine doing?" The girls smiled at Becky, making the twins smile at them. The Higgins girls were standing behind greg and Keithie, while the Feder twins stood behind them. "It's uh, getting rid of the moths honey."

"Where's it taking them?"

"Hell." Natasha seriously wasn't expecting her dad to say that and accidentally let out a small snort, but soon after hid her face in Elizabeth's shaking shoulders, knowing full well the three of them heard her and were now laughing at her.

They weren't, they just found it adorable.

"Don't say that Higgins."

"Aw I'm sorry not hell, Mexico." Elizabeth gently patted her sisters head before speaking, "Was that racist?"

"Probably." Ethan muttered in her right ear. "Oh we- it-It's giving them electricity so the moths fall asleep, uh uh electricly."

"It's electrocuting them? But daddy their dying!"

Charlie and Donnas eyes went wide, "It's killing them?!" They exclaimed. Natashas eyebrows bitter together as her sister spoke. "They don't know-" she cut herself off Incase Becky was listening.

"No!" Just as he said that a moth fell from the zapper and onto the ground. "Daddy no!"

"No! No! It's not hey-" he ran up and unplugged it, "They're all alright. See look at this guy." Lenny picked one up and threw it into the air, watching as it fell straight down. "Wee- it's still sleeping."

"It's dead dad." Roxanne and Grayson both pinched Greg, Grayson having to reach over Natasha to get to him. "Ow!"

"Oooo a porch swing!" Elizabeth luckily saw where this was heading and gently moved Keithie before mama McKenzie pushed him out of the way. "Thanks gorgeous." Ethan laughed before pushing him back towards his mother.

Suddenly the doors opened up, Rob and Gloria now coming into view. "Welcome back to 1978 everybody. The lake house." Everyone let out a gasp as they all walked in.

"It's pretty." Elizabeth spoke as she stared around the large cabin, "Breathtaking." Natasha corrected as she eyes the kitchen. Little known fact about her, when ever she's bored or as an unresolved issue, she tends to cook. "You okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Elizabeth have her hand a squeeze, "You're eyeing the kitchen." Grayson let out a small laugh, his eye brows nitted together. "Why would that make her not okay?"

"Nat loves to cook. When she's bored, has an unresolved issue or she's feeling something she doesn't understand and takes it out by making food."
Ethan pursed his lips, trying to talk over Donnas consistent banging in the Piano. "That's a weird way to get over something. How'd this come to be."

Elizabeth let go of Natashas hand, now walking towards the stairs as they waited for everyone to stop talking, "It's a habit she picked up on, her step father has been a cook for about thirty years now. He taught her how to cook simple things like... uh."

Natasha laughed before continuing for her, taking the boys attention as they listened to the story. "Spaghetti, grilled cheese, chicken, stuff like that. Soon I became bored with just those so I taught myself how to cook more complicated recipes, mostly things that take longer to prep before they cook. Cooking, chopping stuff up, actually calms me, soothes my thoughts."

"Soothes your thoughts? What're you usually thinking?" Before Natasha could replie they heard talking. "Ooo, you're gonna do the backstroke tonight." The four shared a look of disgust. "I wanna go swimming with you guys tonight!" This time Natasha has panic cross her face while the others held in their laughs, Grayson resting his right arm on Natashas left shoulder.

"Oh, honey we're not really going swimming. What I meant was—" Donnas mother covered her ears as Natasha did the same to Bean and Elizabeth did the same for Becky. "Oh no she doesn't need to know what you mean. I don't even know what you mean."

"I know what she means." Their father caught everyones attention from up the stairs before acting like he was picking, taking the tension in the air and basically throwing it out the window.

After all the talking they followed everyone upstairs, the four of them being literally behind everyone. Lenny stopped his wife from going into the big room, which had two beds in it and a box tv with a bay window. "Honey honey let the kids have it."

She agreed and all the kids ran into the room, the four eldest walking calmly behind them. "Sasha! Sasha!" Natasha hesitated, her sister had to push her forward slightly before she walked over to Becky whom was jumping in the bed closest to the window and bathroom. "Share the bed with me?" Before she could answer the little monkey spoke again, "Oh! oh! Gray you and join too, there's plenty room."

Gray nodded as he walked over and picked his sister up before sitting on the bed, Becky laying on his chest while the two looked at the brown headed beauty. "So?" Beckys small voice drawled out the 'o' in 'so'.

Natasha gulped, "Uh, yeah, uh-" she scratched the back of her head, "Sure." She shrugged. Becky clapped and ran over to her, jumping slightly in the bed to get height so she could hug Natashas neck. Natasha Hughes back slightly before walking to the left side of the bed, claiming that spot as hers as she set her backpack on the ground.

"Yay! So gray you and I will share a bed and Bean, Liz and Ethan will share one!" The three mentioned looked at each other before looking back at Becky who sat on Natashas legs, her back was leaned against the back board of the bed so. "We will?"

Beckys face went deadly serious.

"Yes."

Votes: Tell me you like what I'm writing and gives support.
Comments: Show me your invested into the story just as much as I am.

1050 words

6/18/2020

Edited: nope