chapter thirteen

I stand outside the door of the Hospital Wing, tapping my foot against the stone floors impatiently. My blood was still boiling and my head was swarmed with enraging thoughts and feelings towards Draco. I irritably sweep my hair out of my face for what seemed like the hundredth time within the last ten minutes. I huff, leaning back on the wall, rolling my eyes at the faint humming coming from the portraits and occasionally ghost to pass by. It had been an hour since the game ended: Draco was emitted to the Hospital Wing, almost immediately with barely a couple of points taken away from Slytherin, Harry, Fred and George, on the other hand didn't get so lucky: Umbridge appointed them a lifetime ban from Quidditch, along with a weeks worth of detentions. Bitch.

Honestly, I was angry at all four of them: Draco, mainly for insulting the Weasley's and my own mother, but Harry, George and Fred for retaliating and risking their position as a student here. I didn't really believe any of them deserved my support or praise in any way, but then here I was, waiting to see one of them, when I really should be with the others. I always do this. I'm beating myself up internally for doing it, but I can't seem to be able to pick my feet up off the floor and leave. I stifle a laugh to myself every now and again as I realise how stupid I'm being, and how much of an idiot he is, but it feels like my feet are stuck to the ground and if I leave I'll lose him forever. I can't let that happen.

I've spoken to Ron and he seemed pretty cut up about it. He wouldn't come out of his dormitory so I had to speak to him through the door. He was humiliated and I don't blame him: who wouldn't be? He's convinced that he needs to quit the Quidditch team, it's really heartbreaking, I've never heard him that upset before. I'm pretty sure that Hermione and Harry are with him now, trying to comfort him. Ugh, I should be there. - No, I'll go back later.

This was not the way I hoped today would plan out.

I hear the large, wooden doors of the Hospital Wing open with a clack. My head flings around and Madam Pomfrey gestures for me to enter, placing a finger on her lips, signalling for me to stay quiet. I hesitate, before rolling my eyes and stepping into the brightly lit Hospital Wing. The smell of strong medicines and ointments fill my nostrils, making my eyes water slightly, but I get used to it within a matter of seconds. I spot the head of white hair and I stroll over to him, regretfully.

As I approach him I see him sitting on the edge of his bed, his toes patting against the, presumably cold floor, fiddling with a shirt, which he was not wearing, in his lap. He was surrounded by a small group of his cocky and evil little friends. He looks up at me and smiles. I stop, slight embarrassment at his shirtless-ness, but he seems pretty unfazed and comfortable. His broken nose had been fixed and cleared of all the blood and there was a large bandage wrapped around his torso, but I could see patches of purple and yellow peeking out, contrasting against the milky-white skin and dressing. I roll my eyes at him. I glare at the small group of Slytherin's surrounding him.

"Can you leave, please?" I snarl, "I want to talk to him, alone."

"We don't have to leave," a tall girl with short black hair, that I knew as Pansy Parkinson, said. "We're his friends, and we're here to support him."

"Ok, then!" I say, impatiently, "You stay, but let me warn you, it's going to get a wee bit uncomfortable in here, so you might want to brace yourselves."

They each stifle laughs, before crossing their arms and stepping back slightly, allowing me to properly see eye-to-eye with the guilty culprit.

"Put your shirt on," I spit, looking up at the ceiling, awkwardly. He raises an eyebrow at me and smirks slightly, staying still. "I'm not joking about." I add when he doesn't move.