1.6 ❝DEVIANTART❞

DeviantArt is one of the biggest sites for artists all over the world. Some write novels, others share graphics, poems, or, the holy grail for designing, resources. Now, DeviantArt might not be the most beginner-friendly website or app. So here is a small introduction to submitting Deviations and more.

THINGS TO KNOW

- Deviation means something posted on Deviantart- A Deviant is someone on DeviantArt

- Points is the currency used on DeviantArt, 10 point equal 0,10 American Dollars, I think.

- You can give people Points by going to the link www.deviantart.com/[user]/?points

- Watchers are what you call followers on DeviantArt. When you watch someone, you'll get notified of their submissions.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD RESOURCES FROM DEVIANTART

DESKTOP:

To download resources from DeviantArt, the fastest way is to do it on a desktop, instead of on mobile. For mobile some extra steps are needed.

1.Open your browser on your laptop and make or log in to you account. Without an account you can't download anything from DeviantArt. Search on DeviantArt or search in your browser for the resource you need. If you need pngs, you can search for [whatever you need] png pack. For stock, try to look into stock providers.

2. You find something that you think is good, READ THE DESCRIPTION! It explains if the resource is for personal or commercial use, and more. When you've done that, you simply click on the icon of an arrow facing down at the left bottom of the picture. If it's a free resource, you can download it without trouble as the file it was uploaded as. If you have to pay Points and you're broke, check in the description if you can download it for free, and if you can't, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait until you have points to get the beautiful resource you wanted. To let the Deviator know you appreciate them sharing their resource, it is expected to favourite (star) or comment on the Deviation.

3. Go to downloads and open your file!

MOBILE:

1. Download the DeviantArt app and open it.

2. Search for whatever you want to find as resource, and repeat step 2 in the desktop version.

3. To open the file you downloaded, you need an app to decompress RAR files. The app RAR for Android works good for me. A downloaded file from DA on your phone is compressed as a RAR file, so you'll need to open it in FIles on your phone, select and click on share to RAR, or, if that doesn't work, open it in the RAR app, which has access to all your files and folders, too. You can now decompress it and enjoy your resource.

HOW TO SUBMIT DEVIATIONS (FOR POINTS)

DeviantArt is an amazing platform for artists, and most of them share their works on DeviantArt. When you've made your own hair stock, compiled backgrounds or more, it is nice to know how to submit a Deviation and, if it's for commercial use, how to make people pay Points for it.

1. Go do this on a laptop, the DA app is useless for submitting Deviations properly.

2. Click on 'Submit' in the upper right corner.

3. And click on Deviation.

4. Click on the button in the centre of the box, and select the (ZIP-)file you want to submit. If you want to submit multiple files, make sure to compress it into a ZIP-file, because you can't share folders, as far as I know.

5. Now click on show Advanced Options, and select if you want to sell it, or share it with others for free. If you want to sell it, make sure you own the rights to it, and make sure the resources used are available for commercial use.

6. Now add a description, title and tags to hekp people find your Deviation, and add a preview by clicking on the little pencil in the box showing the file you're sharing to make it look more appealing. Make sure the license is correct, and check if you have to do anything else bofore going to the next step.

7. Click on continue, and check the license, and add a document regarding the copyright if you want.

8. To submit the Deviation, click on submit now, and the Deviation will be shown on DeviantArt.

OTHER WAYS TO SUBMIT

There's more than one way to submit things. You also can post a Status Update, to tell your Watchers (followers) what's going on, you can submit Litrature, for poets or upcoming novel writers, you can submit a Journal, where you can write about the story behind the art, share a poll, or submit a Commission. For a Commission you can advertise a product, like a cover, and set a price. People can request and fill in a form or something else. I haven't tried this yet, so I don't exactly now how it would work, but we'll see.

 I haven't tried this yet, so I don't exactly now how it would work, but we'll see