Chapter 1 ~ The Party

Getting into your dress you sigh, you didn't want to come to this, but your father had been introducing you too different influential men in the hope that they suggest marriage. You didn't really want to get married, happy as you where as a free woman without children or a husband to please.

You leave your room in (your choice of a beautiful dress) and meet your father who stood downstairs.

'ah (y/n), come on' he said marching out the house and to the carriage. You walked behind him, your two other sisters where already in the cartridge.

You sat there next to your sisters and father staring out the window. Your father snapped you out of your thoughts

'(y/n)' he snapped.

You turn to him, he was glaring at you.

'be on your best behavior, I want you to find someone like your sisters have' he says.

You nod, your face blank.

You had no idea who was hosting the party or who would be there, anxiety slowly grew in your stomach.

The carriage stopped with a jolt and your father got out and you got our behind him with your sisters, they got exited, meeting their betrothed and walking in while you sat behind your father sighing.

'Come on (y/n)' he said 'put a smile on your face and make yourself look presentable' he pushed you towards the door and you tentivly walked in.

The room was very large, with alot of people in dresses and smart clothing, servants walked around with drinks and small eatables. Gingerly you picked up one of the drinks and sipped it.  The alcohol was bubbly and sweet.

You retreated to the corner, anxious at the amount of people in the room, you knew none and felt awful.

'(y/n)' your father said, walking up to you. He pushed you towards a tall man, in a black and purple robe and hat, with a red sash from the hat.

'this is (y/n)' your father stated and left you to talk.

He smirked at you, reading your face and looking at you up and down, smirking again.

'hello, Im judge Claude frollo' he said.

You felt abit creeped out by him but he seemed like a nice enough man.

You started talking with him, he was a very interesting man and seemed to have taken a liking to you, smirking at you periodically. You had been talking for so long you hadn't realised that most of the people had left.

Your father walked back to you and Frollo.

'Judge Frollo, (y/n) is leaving' he said, talking for you which made you annoyed.

'Well, (y/n)' he said smirking 'I hope to see you again'. He kisses your hand and you blush slightly.

'Yes Judge Frollo' you say

'Please call me Claude' he said, smirking again before leaving.

'He seems to have taken a liking to you' your father said to you. 'he would be a good husband, very powerful and rich'

You nod sighing. You had found Claude a handsome and interesting man but you still didn't want to marry but you where beginning to realise you didn't have a choice.