The Dream

It has been exactly a year since the events of that day. Thomas was looking around "Newt!" he screamed "Newt!" he yelled again and ran over to the taller boy, but as soon as he made it over him, the boy disappeared. Thomas started looking around again in a panic. "It's your fault" Thomas heard making him turn around again, but no one was there, "It's your fault I'm dead'' He heard from the other direction making him turn "Newt? Where are you?" he asked again, his voice cracking. "It's your fault, every single one was your fault. Alby's, Chuck's, Terrsa's. All of it" The voice rang throughout the small space "It should've been you". Tears started streaming down Thomas' face when he shot up with a jerk. Was it a dream? He thought when he felt a pair of arms wrap around him "Tommy?" the calming voice asked, it was Newt. "Are you okay?" Newt asked, giving his boyfriend a light peck on the cheek. The smaller boy nodded, wiping his sweaty palm on the sheets. "Have another nightmare?" Newt asked him once more and wiped a tear off the pale boy's cheek, he just nodded leaning into the blonde boy's touch, never wanting him to let go. Newt understood what Thomas wanted despite not giving any directions, he just pulled the brunette haired boy closer, wiping the tears falling from his eye, "Don't worry, it's over now. I'm here" he whispered, putting the boy on his lap and rubbing his back "just go back to bed, at least for an hour, and I promise i'll be here as soon as you wake up" he mumbled kissing Thomas' head "deal?" Thomas buried his face in Newt's shoulder "Deal" he sighed, already starting to fall asleep. Newt smiled, laying him down and laying next to him, pulling him into an embrace.