Something More

Zuko's POV

I sit and think about everything I told (y/n), should I have never said anything? Was she just lying to make me feel better? Did I just put myself in danger? I try to sort my thoughts,

"So your date went well?" uncle broke my silence.

"It wasn't a date." I try to get back to thinking and planning.

"No? Well, then what did you run off from work with her for? And why did you both end up at our apartment in such a suspicious position?" He gives me a side-eye before taking a sip of tea, waiting for my answer. He obviously knows why I took her here, or at least he thinks he knows.

"Well, I-"

"I know I know, I won't stop you from kissing your girlfriend," He laughs as I sigh to myself with relief. He gets up and walks to the front door and opens it, "Just make sure to not tell her any more of the truth, or you'll have to tell her the whole truth, and I can't imagine you'd want to hurt anyone you care about." He closes the door behind himself quickly, without giving me any time to respond.

I want to tell her everything, that's why I told her about my parents. I can't explain it but I feel safe with her. I try not to imagine how she'd react. How I've been lying to her, how she doesn't know my real name, the fact that I'm the prince of the fire nation. All I can imagine is rejection, all I can think about is how she'd hate me, and I'd never get to see her again, and it would be my fault. I can't tell her, not now, maybe not ever.

                                                             (y/n)'s POV

There's a soft thrum in my chest, my heart throbs as my lips remember the feeling of his kiss. My eyes rewatch his soft sweet expression as his eyes flutter closed. The soft rose of his cheeks as I reassured him that he is not alone. It's the morning after our kiss, my heart is still beating out of my chest like I'm still in that moment. I lay in my bed and smile, my face beet red as I reminisce.I get up and throw on a casual (f/c) dress and grab my bag. Now that I have money, I can get things that I've been meaning to get for a while now but haven't really found the time for. I check my basically empty pantry and head out to the market.

I can't help but think of Lee as I walk, I grab some vegetables and put them in my bag, before I can hand the man my money, a large hand reaches over mine, intercepting me and dropping a few of his silver pieces into the vendor's hand. I look over to see the smiling face of Mushi."Oh! You don't have to pay for me!" I quickly say as I try to hand him money. He just laughs and pushes my hand back to my bag.

"Nonsense, it's not every day that I get to buy food for a pretty girl." I laugh in response and we start walking around the market. I still feel bad about him paying for my food, but as I look at the big grin on his face, I realize that he enjoys doing things for others.

"What are you doing today?" I try to make conversation.

"Well I decided to spend a day out in the city, not everyone gets to live in such a beautiful place, so why not enjoy it?" His words resonate with me and I smile, "It's also my son's birthday today," He smiles at me.

We get closer to my side of town, "You know...you're a very special girl." I think he's just trying to be nice, not really meaning much by it. "Someone who can warm a cold, broken heart is someone very special.

I understand what he's trying to say now, there's much more that I should know about Lee, things that are going to be difficult for him to say. "I think he just brings out the best in me," I admit, "I think he's more special than he thinks."

Mushi looks surprised, "I think the same thing every day." He grabs a little flower out of his basket, "I should get going now, there are some things that I need to take care of."

I nod and watch him walk away. I can't help but think about what he said, what could be worse than what he's already told me?

 (AN): Hi friends, I'm sorry that I haven't updated The Tea Shop in ages, and I'm sorry of this chapter is mediocre. I'm trying to take more time to make a better story, I hope you understand. In the mean time, what would you like to see in this book? What are you more interested in with this story and what are you not interested? Feel free to give constructive criticism!