Malcom

Ok so I guess it was a little  out of character for me to help Lena, but to be honest I was curious. I mean both of us have older siblings who over shadow us, me with super smart Annabeth, and Lena with Will, who is so warm and popular. I hang around Will most of the time but never really talked to Lena. Well I've tried but she isn't much of a talker. I met Lena outside the school and we walked to her house together.

" So umm where's Will?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Oh he's doing this TA thing for the nurse, you know because he wants to be a doctor, and he stays after to treat sports injury's and whatever..." Lena said realizing she had nothing else to say. We tried to make awkward small talk all the way to her house. I'd been there before but only for like Halloween party's that Annabeth would drag me to. She didn't like party's but Piper would make her come and Annabeth wanted me to be there when Piper inevitably got sucked into another conversation. We got to her house and went up to her room. I had obviously never been in her room but oh my God it could not have been less like the Lena I knew. It was covered with musicle posters and Playbills. I had no idea she was such a musical geek. I mean that's not a bad thing but I've always preferred being behind the curtain doing tech stuff, than infront of it actually preforming.
"So you like musicals?" I ask her sarcastically
" Yeah" she says sheepishly "I guess you could say that"
" What's your favorite?" I ask trying to start a conversation. Her eyes widen and she starts talking about Heather's and Hades town and a bunch of other musicles I've never heard of. Seeing her like this makes me question how I ever thought she was quiet. This girl could talk about music for days. Lena realized she'd been ranting and blushed.
" Anyway what do you like? I need something for this project." She said
" Umm I really like tech stuff and computers and um, chess." I said
" Oh cool? I have no idea how to play."
" I can teach you sometime if you want." I said stupidly. Why would this musical genius 'shy' girl want to learn how to play chess with me? Why did I have to say something dumb. Ahhhh.
" Yeah that'd be nice." Lena said smiling. I realized I was blushing and quickly turned away hoping she didn't notice. I don't know what it is about her that makes me so happy. We work onour projects until Will pops his head into Lena's room.
" Hey Lena oh hey Malcom what's up." Will asked.
" Nothing much we're just doing our math project." I answered
" Lena what happened during lunch, dad didn't make us audition so why did you say that?" Will asked confused. I stared at Lena waiting for her to answer. Why was she blushing?
" Will can I talk to you for a sec" Lena said eventually and she dragged him out of her room. A few minutes later she came back with will.
" Umm ok uhh did you guys see Nico during lunch today because I didn't see him in the cafeteria and I checked the classrooms."
" Yeah he was in the library today" I replied Will scrunched you his eyebrows and left clearly annoyed.
" what was that about?" I ask Lena.
" my dad isn't actually making me audition for the musical, I just didn't want people asking questions about me singing. It's always been a dream of mine to be in a production of heathers but I'm really bad at singing and acting it's just when I'm onstage I'm not this stuttering shy mess of a person. It's dumb I know" Lena explained blushing.
" you don't really seem like a naturally shy person" I said
" I'm not really I just have it ingrained in my head that if I talked I wouldn't be worth listening to and I have no idea why I'm telling you this" she said sinking her head into one of the pillows on the bed.
" I like listening to you" I said like the idiot I am.
" come on let's do our project" she said clearly flustered I could not believe how quickly I've been catching feelings for this girl, she was just so sweet and innocent on the outside and strong on the inside. Maybe one day she would like me too. But I'm pretty sure I'm unloveable at least that's what my step mom thinks.