Katie

The first day of school was relatively uneventful, I mean there was the whole mess that happened in math, me getting partnered with.. ugh... Travis Stoll. It's not like he had a valid reason to hate me. Him and Connor always prank me, but for some reason it's only Travis who gets on my nerves. I mean there was that time in history last year where they glued my textbook together, or in 9th grade English when they poured glitter on my head, never mind. Today was a new day I walked to school with Calypso and got there early like I usually do. I decided to go to the library and get a few books on plants, I love plants. It was kind of my moms thing her being a florist, but after my parents split up and she moved away it was like my thing that made me closer to her. As I walked to my locker I said hi to a couple people trying to stay away from Drew and Kelli. I got to my locker only to be met with the lopsided grin of Travis Stoll. This earned me a few glares from the girls in the hallway, it's not everyday you get met at your locker by a popular boy ( one who just so happens to be ranked 4th on Goodes hottest guys list.)

"What's up Kit Kat?" Travis asked me smirking.

'Please don't call me that, Katie is fine.' Is what I would have said to a regular person, but this was a Stoll and I don't think that being polite is needed. Instead, I said "What do you want Stoll? And I've told you a million times to call me Katie."

"Oh, come on Katie Kat I just wanted to know If you wanted to come over today?" He said smirking, I will not admit that I blushed." Ya know to work on the project."

" No Stoll sorry, but I'm busy" I grabbed my stuff from my locker hoping that he would just take the no and let me go to class.

" What are you doing?" He said following me.

" I just said I'm busy Stoll why are you so interested?" At this Travis blushed. Why was he blushing?

" Uh, never mind. When are you free?" He asked

" I don't know maybe tomorrow." I went about my day as usual, that was until I reached 7th period. I had a free period so I decided to go up to the garden and get some work done away from people. That's what I thought would happen, I actually got met with a red faced smiley Calypso.

" What happened to you to make you so red?" I said teasingly and she looked up and blushed even harder.

" I may or may not have gotten myself a date with a very cute boy..." She said excitedly

" NO WAY WHO" I exclaimed. I mean of course I was happy for Calypso, but there was still that part of me was a little jealous at the fact that this was her second day at Goode, and I have been here since 9th grade and never been asked out.

" Leo Valdez"  She said shyly.

" Wait you mean that kid who where's suspenders and a toolbelt everywhere?"

" Uh.. Yeah I guess"

" You know he wore a suit with sequin flames to homecoming last year right?"

" He DiD wHaT" She said horrified

" Never mind, how did he ask you out?"

" Well yesterday he was staring at me during lunch so I gave him my number, and we talked a bit yesterday, and then in 6th period woodshop today he crashed into my dining table and-"

" I don't see how this ended up in a date" 

" Oh shush I'm getting there" Calypso said annoyed. " As I was saying, he crashed into my dining table and I was like ' dude my table what the heck' and then he apologized and fixed it and told me that my hair was really pretty, and then he asked if I wanted to go to a drive in movie on Saturday." She said dreamily

" I still don't know how you pulled it off, but congrats, you officially got asked out the weirdest of my friends. Speaking of which you're coming to Rachels big back to school sleepover right? It includes all of her friends and her friends friends so there are like 20 people coming" I said

" Obviously I'm coming I can't wait!"

------------------------------------------Ring------------------------------------------------------ 

I left Calypso and ran out of school as fast as I could. I walked to school today so I had to walk my way to the diner. I got there 10 minutes before my shift started and got into uniform. It was a 50's inspired diner so I pulled the pretty floral dress out of my bag and put it on along with my apron. I continued along with my shift trying my best to not mess up orders and not get to irritated with the creepy guys who thought they could flirt with a 16 year old.

My night was going pretty normal. The dinner rush subsided by 9:30 and I was left to start cleaning equipment. I had just about finished when the bell tinkled and someone came in. I stayed in the back for another minute allowing the newcomer to find a table, before I walk out to the front. It took a moment of looking around before I spotted the guy in a booth a few tables away from me. He was hunched over with his head in his hands. I saw he was wearing a Goode high varsity football jacket. O read the name on the back 'Stoll' Connor didn't play football, so this must have been Travis. What was he doing at a random diner at 10 pm?

"Hey, can I get you anything? A coffee or something." I said tentatively not really knowing what to do. My normal 'Hi, my name is Katie and I will be your server for today, how may I help you?' thing didn't really seem appropriate. He didn't answer. "Travis, you ok?" I asked his shoulders shook slightly. I looked around no one else was here and I doubted anyone would come in. I grabbed a coffee pot and poured two cups. I placed one in front of Travis then I slid into the booth next to him and put the other one in front of myself.

I didn't think I should wrap my arm around him, something I would probably do with most of my friends, so I settled for sitting next to him and taking one of his hands. When I did this he looked over at me. I could see the tears in his eyes as he looked a t me confused. I just smiled a little and pushed the coffee towards him with my free hand. 

"So, why are you crying at a random diner a 10 pm on a Wednesday?" I ask trying not to be too rude or invasive, which I failed at epically.

" I uh didn't know you worked here" He said changing the subject. His voice was a bad attempt at casual.

" Like I said, I'm busy." We stared at each other a few moments before Travis elaborated.

"Today is my Moms birthday." He said sadly "I tried to visit her but it's kind of hard to schedule a visit with high security prisoners."

"oh" I said inwardly cringing 'oh' was the best you could come up with come on. Fortunately he laughed at my awkwardness I guess he's gotten pretty used to those kind of reactions.

" What no running for dear life, no asking why she's in prison, not even a little bit of concern for your safety around me?" He asked confused

" Should I be concerned for my safety around you?"

"Not at all Katie Kat, now if you have your backpack we have a project together and since we clearly both want to push away our issues, we should get started." He said jokingly

" I told you not to call me that!"

A/N- My gods guys I am so sorry I have been gone so long, I've just been really unmotivated recently but I have some fun things planned for the future of this Fanfic. I also think I might try writing a Young Justice meets fem Percy and Annabeth so let me no if your interested in that! I will try and update with the next chapter (Percy) with in a week or two. And as always, I have no outro. Bye <3

Word count- 1437