Chapter 20 - Father, Father, I dont know what to title

"He's here"

"He is actually here."

"Lei! Hurry and change your clothes first before you meet with your father." Granny said startling the boy awake from his musing. As she take his bag away from him.

"Hai."

Lei ascend the stairs. Going to his room first to change in an appropriate attire before walking towards the study. Which was rarely used as he prefer the library more than that room.

After reaching the study room, Lei sigh deeply to calm his nerves from going high ware before finally knocking at the dark and tall looming door.

"It's me, Lei." He announced as he wait for his Father permission to enter the room.

Hearing a deap and velvet voice that said 'come in'. Lei pushed the door open as light trickle from the open window of the room. Slightly shadowing the face of a handsome man, that sports the same strawberry blonde hair but with an intense green eyes that seems to bore in your soul making one wants to avoid direct eye contact with him. He also looks to be in his mid thirties but was actually in the mid forties. Sitting all poise on one of the coach near the window sill.

"Good afternoon, father. I hope you have been well." Lei bowed his head low in greetings. Maintaining that posture for a few seconds before standing straight after hearing the older man grunt a reply.

"Stand up. Come here and let me look at you."

Lei did what his father said. He shorten their distance with only a table seperating them. An tension filled silence hovering in the air as his father look at him, criticizing him from top to bottom with his intense stare, making him almost want to break their eye contact because of how intimidating he looked at him.

"How have you been?" He calmly stated after a while of silence. No emotion can be detected from his voice. Like his only asking about the current weather and not the current well being of his son.

"I've been fine, Father. Granny have been taking good care of me." Lei stated seriously. Maintaining his eye contact with the man in front of him.

"Well that is to be expected. You are the future heir of our family so its only normal that you are always in good health." His father, Leonro, stated as he sip on his cup of tea. Forrowing his eyebrows when its not up to his taste.

"How about your studies? How is it going?"

"I've already finish the business course that my teacher thought me. I'm only in the middle of finishing my thesis and I would be done on my second course." As they continue to converse with each other, Lei can feel cold sweat accumulating in his hands and forehead. It's been 3 or 4 years since he last saw his father and he's as intimidating as he first met him. But he have to maintain his proper posture or else his father might saw it as a sign of weakness and punish him for it.

"That's good then, but what I don't understand is why would you beg Father (Lei's Grandfather) to let you study in a normal school. When you already finished your studies and can already help our business." Leonro clicked his tongue in disagreement with his son's choice in life. He really can't understand this child.

Lei didn't respond to his father words. He just clenched his fist to stop himself from muttering unnecessary things. The situation might worsen if he talked back.

"And I heard you even join a club, volleyball is it? Tch, Are you trying became like your uncle? How disgraceful." Leonro grimace at the memory of his brother.

His brother used to have a lot of potential to became just like him, a successful businessman. But then he decided to walk away from his responsibilities and decided to go pro and became a full time volleyball player. How wasteful if you asked him.