Chapter 1

심장이 뛰지 않는대
더는 음악을 들을 때
ᵀʳʸⁿᵃ ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵘᵖ.

(ˢʰⁱᵐʲᵃⁿᵍⁱ ᵗᵗʷⁱʲⁱ ᵃⁿⁿᵉᵘⁿᵈᵃᵉ
ᵈᵉᵒⁿᵉᵘⁿ ᵉᵘᵐᵃᵍᵉᵘˡ ᵈᵉᵘʳᵉᵘˡ ᵗᵗᵃᵉ
ᵀʳʸⁿᵃ ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵘᵖ)

ᵀʰᵉʸ ˢᵃʸ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ⁱˢⁿ'ᵗ ᵇᵉᵃᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵃⁿʸᵐᵒʳᵉ
ᵂʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ˡⁱˢᵗᵉⁿ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵘˢⁱᶜ
ᵀʳʸⁿᵃ ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵘᵖ.
☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The light hit his body from all sides. Heavy breathing and soft thuds were audible in the empty room. As he looked at himself in the mirror, a single sweat flowed down from his forehead reaching his chin and landing on the floor smoothly.

Every move ached. When he lifted his arm, or even when he turned his head. He was tired. But it hadn't even been thirty minutes since he had started dancing.

He grabbed his towel and dried his face. He shouldn't even be panting right now. He has been dancing for half of his life. Why now? He sat down and slowly closed his eyes. Trying to steady his breathing.

He felt his throat go dry so he decided to get a drink and take a break for a few minutes. When he opened his eyes, the lights had gone out. This was strange, the electricity never failed here.

A single streak of light fell upon a figure who was limp. He had a pair of shiny black wings. His neck, wings, hands and legs had been bond by chains which had now started to rust. He had his head hung low. His black silk shirt had been tattered. He was barefoot which looked like it had been blistered after a long run. His wrists were cut open, Minho feared about infection because of rusty chain. Or was he dead?

Minho wanted to reach out but it was as if his hands and legs had been bound. His whole body was exhausted. He looked around himself but saw nothing because of the darkness. He just looked at the boy in front of him when the quite room suddenly filled with music. The heavy bass box started blaring with a familiar song.

All of a sudden the figure started tugging on the chain. He tried to dance along with the music. Now he recognised the song and the moves he was trying to copy. But the more he tried to move his arms according to the beat, the chains started tightening. Minho could see a small stream of blood run down the boy's wrist dripping on the floor. He suddenly stopped abruptly, slowly lifting his head up.

His eyes had been blinded by a black scarf. Blood ran out from his mouth. His face had a bored expression. But what shocked Minho was that it was he, himself...

Minho jumped a little as he heard hard pants. He blinked a few times trying to adjust at the bright light. And he saw Hyunjin. His legs apart as he semi-squatted and his hands rested on his thighs. He wore a sleeveless shirt. His muscles were on full display and it contracted whenever he inhaled. Sweat glistening on it, making it more prominent, some ran down his neck as it disappeared inside his shirt.

His long hair was dangling forward covering his face a little in the reflection from the mirror. Minho checked his phone, he had fallen asleep for only ten minutes.

The music was still playing on the back ground. He felt a dejà vu as he heard the heavy bass, about his dream. The same song was being played, Black Swan by BTS.

Hyunjin must have been trying to drop a surprise cover again perhaps? Minho stood up, only then did he realise that his legs were shaking. He also noticed Hyunjin was sweating alot. He was not supposed to be tired this early. Maybe Minho wasn't feeling well? Maybe all of the dance liners were not.

He hadn't been able to practice a single song. Probably it was the same case with the others. Minho wanted to shrug it off. As Hyunjin slowly raised his head their eyes locked from the mirror, he smiled. Sweat covered his face.

"You went through the same Hyung?" He asked in a rough voice. Minho nodded as he kept his hands on the table to keep up his balance. "So you're trying to do the old practiced moves until you come up with new ones?" Minho asked.

He always did this, just to keep his body working and moving along with the music. Hyunjin nodded as he walked up towards Minho. "It's been a while since we rested well as we were hurrying here and there for our song recordings, I guess we're just tired..." Minho nodded.

"Let's take a break for a few days, you can come back earlier if you're feeling fine. By the way where's Yong Bok?" Minho asked. Hyunjin shrugged. "I can tell him later and we have to inform Chan Hyung about it." Hyunjin said as Minho nodded in agreement.

As they exited the studio, Minho was feeling uneasy. He had a feeling that he knew what was going to happen. Like as if he was going to lose it all.

He had started to lose the feeling he used to get when he heard his...their song being played out in the studio and how he would move with the flow. That was how he had choreographed their songs before.

But those loud beating of his heart had started to decrease as much as he practiced. The tingling feeling had started to fade away. The way his whole skin tightened as he started dancing to the beat. Their beat. Their song. Their own choreography. For their own fans and their own voices.

The feeling of the excitement whenever he automatically produced a new move as the adrenaline kicked in. It was ethereal. Everything was. The dreams and passion.

But now it had slowly started to fade away, as if he was used to everything. His heart had stopped beating. The adrenaline had drained away from his veins. The feels had all flown away. It had slipped away. Like sand sliping off from his fingers.

One moment he had everything he wanted, everything that was the world to him. Everything for which he had made many sacrifices.

But that everything seemed to be only one thing now as it slowly fades away. Dance.

The only thing that defined him.

But it was slipping off from his fingers. This was not the first time he had not been able to move along the beat.

And the more it happened, the more he felt his world getting destroyed...

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᴰᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵍ
ᴰᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵍ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉ ⁿᵒʷ
ᴰᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵍ
ᴰᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵍ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉ ⁿᵒʷ
ᵂʰᵃᵗ’ˢ ᵐʸ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵍ
ᵂʰᵃᵗ’ˢ ᵐʸ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵍ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ⁿᵒʷ
ᵀᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ⁿᵒʷ
ʸᵉᵃʰ ʸᵉᵃʰ ʸᵉᵃʰ ʸᵉᵃʰ.