III: Sweet Troil

The morning sun rose radiating its light faint rays in the early hours

The morning sun rose radiating its light faint rays in the early hours. Soft sunlight peeped into the room through the cuts and corners of the white curtains. A few flickered on my eyelids producing an orange bleach. I slowly blinked my eyes open. Sleepiness still kissed my lazy bones. It made me feel too torpid. I shifted the position to look away from the conspiring curtains and my slightly parted sockets read the clock hands.

8 o'clock. Yah what are you waiting for?

I stashed away the blanket and jumped off the bed. School starts at 9. Grabbing my uniform I hopped to the lavatory with a bath towel.

I rotated the shower knob and the water streams oozed out from the shower head making a hiss sound. The mild droplets hit my body cells, refreshing them. I wish I could cherish this feeling forever but life has its own hacks. I need to hurry.

Slipping in my sneakers I walked out waving my car keys in the open.

I sauntered out and headed for my car that was parked beside the road. But as I stepped a few steps forward outside the gate, my visions caught something through its corners. I followed the direction of my eyes and saw a figure standing at a distance. The person was inside the garden which I thought to be empty ever since. His frame stood with contrast to the rest of the objects around it.

I tried to see through clearly and I heard a cry.

"Christine!"

I swirled my feet to detect a tall, slender body running to me. He paused before me, trying to catch his breaths.

"Yes Phana. Good morning. Slow down. What's wrong?"

"Ah morning. Nothing, just wanted to wish you luck for the day," he exposed a bright smile.

I replied back, "Why thank you. You already did it last day right? No need to repeat it over and over again."

"Your oppa is always there for you. Remember that."

"Oppa? What's that?"

"Err well younger girls call older boys as oppa in Korea."

"Oww Phana oppa. Haha cute. When does your day start?"

"Uh at 10. I've loads of time. Oops I almost forgot. I've got an assignment to complete! So see ya! Bye bye!"

I waved at him as his form vanished inside. I turned around to give the woodland a once-over. However the symbol of the mortal was nowhere to be seen anymore. It was just the same as before, lonely, deserted and silent.

I sighed and got into the car. The thoughts of the spooky human bothered me a lot. Then I regarded that it might be a random visitor. Do I really need to take it to my concerns? I shook away the thoughts and concentrated on my driving.

Few minutes delayed at driving. Finally the huge gate showed up.

'Seoul Science High school.'