Chapter 7

Salt in the wound 

Like you're laughing right at me

~~~

Ahsoka just sat in her bed on the ship. She had tried to sleep, but it was evading her. Thoughts of Lux, Carys, the past, and the future clouded her mind. She tried meditating, but the same thing happened.

She left her room. She had to do something, anything to take her mind off of everything. She wandered down the corridors of the Ghost, luckily Lux was nowhere to be found. She made her way into the cargo hold of the ship and found the training remotes Kanan used to help Ezra with his blaster blocking technique. She pulled three of them out and activated them.

The droids floated into the air and began circling Ahsoka. She activated her twin white sabers and closed her eyes. They began to fire energy blasts at her, which she used her sabers to deflect. It had been a while since Ahsoka had done this, and her blocks were slow and clumsy at first, but soon she fell into a rhythm, remembering her training. She went on for a while, easily blocking each blast.

She was broken from her concentration when she heard a group of people making their way towards her, talking and laughing. She opened her eyes and saw that the Ghost Crew plus him were making their way down into the cargo hold.

Suddenly she felt a burst of energy hit the back of her shoulder. She had forgotten about the droids for a second, and paid for it. The droids automatically powered off and fell to the ground, just as Ahsoka collapsed, clutching her shoulder and wincing in pain.

Carys ran over to her and wrapped her arms around her mothers neck. "Are you okay mommy?" The little girl asked sadly.

"Yes, mommy's fine tungu. Just caught me off guard is all," Ahsoka said giving her daughter a reassuring smile.

"Sorry about that," Sabine said rubbing the back of her neck. "I was annoyed with Ezra so I made some... modifications to the droids so the blaster bolts would hurt more. I didn't think you'd be using them."

"Hey!" Ezra shouted while the rest of the group just laughed.

Sabine shrugged. "Don't mess with my art."

Ahsoka rose to her feet and let out a small laugh. "It's alright Sabine. Nothing I can't handle."

"Alright well we came down to let you know that we're back at base," Hera said changing the subject.

"Yea get out of my way. I want off of this kriffing ship," Zeb said as he pushed his way through everyone and lowered the ramp. Without looking, he descended the ramp and promptly ran into one of the krykna, large spider-like creatures that inhabited the planet.

"AARGH!" Zeb yelled. "Get this thing away from me!" He scrambled back up the ramp, inciting a laugh from everyone.

"What are those things?" Lux asked.

"Krykna," Kanan replied, "they're the main inhabitant and predator of this planet. We used to be on their menu; however, they don't like the sounds emitted by those motion sensors," Kanan motioned towards the sensors around the base. "So they leave us alone when we're here."

"Yea well one of those creatures got in somehow," Zeb retorted angrily.

"Must be a faulty sensor, I'll go check it out," Sabine piped up.

"I'll come with you. I've got nothing better to do," Ezra said with a shrug. Sabine nodded and the two headed off.

"I need to go check in with Sato, let him know we got here safely," Hera said walking off. Kanan followed without saying a word. Once Zeb thought it was safe, he walked off of the ship, leaving Lux, Carys, and Ahsoka.

"So..." Lux started.

Ahsoka angrily sighed. "Follow me, I'll show you to our place and your room." Ahsoka grabbed Carys's hand and dragged her off the ship. Lux hesitated for a second before following the togrutas.

After a few minutes of walking, they made their way to a makeshift standalone home. There were random pieces of metal placed in a square/rectangle shape. The pieces were either welded together or held together by a mixture of clay and mud. It wasn't pretty, but it was stable enough, as they'd been staying there for almost two years without a problem. 

Ahsoka opened the door and led Lux inside. As they entered, there was a living area with a couch straight ahead, and a kitchen connected to it off a bit to the left. On the right side were three doors.

"Finally we're home!" Carys exclaimed before running off and entering one of the rooms. It had been a few weeks since they had been at base. The Ghost Crew had been slammed with missions lately. It would be nice to relax for once, but Ahsoka knew that with Lux here there would be no relaxing for her. She had to make sure he didn't mess anything up in her life more than he already had, specifically she had to keep Lux away from Carys.

Ahsoka walked over to one of the other doors and opened it, revealing a room with a dresser with a mirror on one wall, a bed tucked into the back corner, and a small desk with a chair next to it. 

"This will be your room. The door next to you is the bathroom," Ahsoka said motioning to the door between Lux's room and the room Carys had just entered. "As I said on the ship, you are to stay in your room if you're going to be in the house. You will eat here, sleep here, and whatever you want here. You will only leave the room to go to the bathroom and leave the house. I don't want you around Carys at all. Got it?" Ahsoka glared at Lux. He swallowed hard and nodded, he hated that look.

"Good. A few things about the base. You're free to move around anywhere and converse with anyone, except Carys and myself of course, and check out the base. You're also free to explore the areas outside of the base, but they're dangerous and you'd probably die, so please do check them out," Ahsoka said with a smirk.

Geez, a bit harsh don't ya think? Lux thought. "Maybe I will," he said confidently.

Ahsoka just laughed, causing Lux to frown. "It's your funeral, which by the way I won't be attending."

Ouch, Lux thought again. Why won't she just talk it out with me, see how sorry I am, how much I want her back?

"Any other questions?" Ahsoka asked.

"Nope," Lux replied.

"Good. Now I'll be in my room with Carys so don't bother me." Ahsoka turned without another word and entered her room. Lux stood there not sure what to do, so he decided to leave the house and check out the base, maybe talk to some people.

As soon as he exited, he saw Hera. "Hey, Hera right?" Lux called out to her.

"Captain Syndulla to you," she shot back coldly. She walked over to a surprised Lux. "Look, Ahsoka's told me all about what you did to her. You're lucky she hasn't told anyone else otherwise you would've been left for dead on Ithor. If you do anything to hurt her, it will come back at you tenfold if she doesn't get you first."

Lux just stood there dumbfounded as Hera walked away. He wondered what all Ahsoka had told her that would make the Twi'lek hate him so much, possibly even as much as Ahsoka hated him.