The Bond Between

Abuja, capital city Nigeria;

Kkrrrrrrrrrr!!. The alarm woke Faruk up. He hissed and turned it off. He's going to have another busy day in the Santa's telecommunications. He groaned before getting off the bed,he walked steady and slowly to the bathroom to have a warm bath.

He came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and the other  smaller one made a curve from his nape down to his right breast. He looked at his reflection on the mirror, fair skin, black orbs, long eye lashes, broad shoulders, almost perfect and but something is missing, a colourful heart.

He slipped into his tux, black as usual.

He went to the right wing of the building. He entered his younger sister's room and saw her sitting on the bed making designs on her laptop.

"Hey"

"Good morning".she greeted and looked up."You are ready?."

"As you can see".

"Wow what a gown". He gaped at the designed dress.

"Yeah it is mine, the tailoring department will sew it".

"White?". He asked

"Yeah, you know that I don't wear anything except white,or did I ever complain to you when you wear only black?" She emphasized her point.

"Oohhh! Zarah common." He sighed.

"Common sit now my one and only big, powerful famous Faruk Santa." She started showering him with words of praise while standing up.

"What do you want?." He understood that she wants something from him with kind of voice.

She came back from her closet with lots of clothes with her.

"Help me fold these." She pleaded while dumping the clothes on the bed.

"I'm late for work and you also are late for work." He told her

"Common Faruk you are the CEO of Santa's telecommunications or lemme say firm and I'm the CEO of ZaSanta's fashion designers". She stated sitting beside him cocking her head to look at him.

"We lead by example Zarah, where is Pinky? She can help you arrange the clothes before you are back". He suggested.

"Ok but she has alot to do". Zarah complained.

"Common, she can spare a time for you." He replied in a dismissive tone.

He pulled her hands towards the door.

"You are still in your nighty?" He said more of statement to a question.

"Yeah".

"Zarah".

"Yes?"

"Have you heard from Aunt Grace?" He asked her as they descend from the spiral staircase.

"No, I don't want Hispanic wahala, I beg." She smiled

"She is our mother's only sister, you can't talk about her like that. She loves us, she care for us, she is the only elder we have in our lives." He pressed.

"She knows that those pictures are photoshopped but she called me and blasted me." Zarah said her voice cracking.

"You know, she would have done same to her daughters if she saw them in those pictures." He convinced her. "She is a no nonsense woman, and it is high time you need to know that."

She nodded and waved at me.

I sped to my company. We are part of the underworld, syndicate or mafia. Call it anything, we are backed up by many people abroad and in this country, Nigeria. Drugs, weapons, serial killing name it, it is what we do. But we still have out surface businesses.

USA, Washington DC

Grace Lucy McKinney is busy ordering the maids in her house like castle to clean and cook.Her husband is coming home today, so, she wants to make sure that everything is sparkling clean. Grace glanced at her wrist watch and shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Doris, Bella and Elle my husband will be at home in an hour, and the table is not set." She shouted.

"Sorry ma..." Elle panicked.

"Montana, Katana. Are you ready?" Grace screamed and looked up at the staircase.

"We are coming down in a minute." Montana said with a loud voice. "Katana is helping me out this eyeliner." Montana hissed.

"Eyeliner? Really?. Montana, don't forget that after your high school, I enrolled you into make up classes and you still need help to put eyeliner?" She asked and went back to the kitchen.

The twins descended from the staircase, wearing matching clothes. A skinny blue ripped denim and a carton brown flat top with matching Ferragamo Snickers. They went into the kitchen to get their mother's compliment. She regarded them carefully.

"Where are your Cartier watches? Montana why are you wearing a cheap earring like a mule of Cartel?" She asked them
She is a fashion designer, so, she wants her children to look their best.

"Mom, I love my earrings." Montana pouted.

"Go and remove those metals and wear your watches." She dismissed them and started setting the dining table.

There is something about having a strict mother, and if there is no strict mother, then a very tough elder sister. They always look at the way you dress, the kind of people you mingle with, how you behave as a socialite. Those who miss this missed the great part of life. The lives of people in this book is controlled by high level of character and boldness regardless of who you are and the relationship between family members and the bond between.

A/N

F

or those that read the former update, the book is under major editing.

Please do vote, comment and recommend.

And if you are Not reading the book on Wattpad, then it is not the original work. Your support matters a lot.

The photo above is Zarah Santa's.