KB(172-20)Eating

Kirishima grabbed his keys and unlocked the door to his apartment, before walking in and throwing himself onto the couch by the bedroom door.

Bakugou was in the kitchen, making dinner for the two of them before he had to leave for work.

It was currently 5:57pm and Bakugou had to leave by 6:30pm. Dinner was almost done, and the only thing he had to do now was get his boyfriend to eat it.

Kirishima rarely ever ate anything because he always felt insecure about himself and what other people would think of him. So whenever he was alone and no one was around - not even Bakugou - he would eat but even those times were rare.

"Kirishima! Come eat." Bakugou's voice was heard throughout their shared apartment, and the only response the blonde got was a small grunt and the sound of a door closing.

Bakugou walked over to their room and knocked on the door. Receiving no response, he tried opening the door, only to find it locked.

"Kirishima, babe. Come on, you have to eat." Bakugou spoke, before walking over to the kitchen counter and grabbing the key to unlock the door.

Once Bakugou made it back to their door, he used the key and unlocked it before walking inside to find the red head laying on his stomach and playing with his thumbs with his head resting on a pillow.

"Come on, Kirishima. Just for tonight and you won't have to do it in front of me anymore. I just want to know you're eating.." Bakugou spoke softly and sat down on the bed, playing with his boyfriend's hair.

Kirishima sat up and looked at the blonde before gently grabbing his hand and looking up at his boyfriend.

"Bakugou, I swear. I am eating! I promise, I'll eat when you leave, I just... can't. I swear, I'll eat.. Just not in front of you.." Kirishima's voice trailed off as he averted his gaze downwards and began playing with the hem of his boyfriend's shirt.

This wasn't the first time Bakugou had tried getting the red head to eat, and this wasn't the first time Kirishima came up with that excuse. And as time went by, Bakugou was no longer convinced based on how much weight Kirishima had been losing.

He wasn't always like this though. He used to love food and didn't really think much about it when it came to eating. But a few months back when both Kirishima and Bakugou we're on a date, a few girls came by and started criticizing Kirishima about how he ate and how much he ate.

Ever since then, Kirishima has slowly stopped eating in front of people, including his boyfriend. It went from only ordering a side when they went out, then just ordering a drink and now he wouldn't even look at anything edible when someone was around.

Bakugou was always around the red head, so Kirishima hardly had time to grab a snack or something without feeling embarrassed in front of his boyfriend.

"Kirishima, I know. I know you eat. But you only do when no one's around. Not even me. But I'm always around. I don't want to leave you just so you can start eating again. I promise, I swear to you that I'm not going to make fun of you. I only want to see it for myself. Please..for me.." There was nothing but care in Bakugou's voice as he held onto Kirishima's hand and rested his head against his boyfriend's forehead, closing his eyes and hoping Kirishima would finally agree.

The red head took a deep breathe and held it for a second, before letting it out and thinking for a moment. "Okay, I'll try. But please be patient with me..."

Bakugou's head immediately shot up and he felt his entire mood lift, just from a few words. "Really?"

"Yeah...Just for you." Kirishima looked up at the blonde and smiled.

Once the two were out of their room, Bakugou had Kirishima sit down while he went into the kitchen and served them both.

Coming back, he placed the dishes onto the table and sat down.

There was an awkward silence between the two before Kirishima broke it with an exhale. Bakugou looked up and saw his boyfriend pick up his fork and take a bite.

The blonde smiled as Kirishima's eyes lit up at the taste, and he silently yelled in victory when Kirishima actually began eating like he used to before everything happened.

"Are you going to eat?" Bakugou was interrupted from his thoughts when his boyfriend spoke.

"Yeah."

Genderqueer Visibility day
777 words