Ch6: The Examination

Izzy arrived on schedule, stepping out of the teleporter pad and handing her other self the daily report. Stressed-out Izzy got on the pad and yawned as fresh-morning Izzy took the next shift. She picked up the intentionally left coffee other Izzy made for her and she sipped slowly.

"At least the seclusion is quie-" she muttered as the sound of rapid-fire kickdrums interrupted her motivational pep talk. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to center her being, as she finished her caffeine to chase down the little white pill she assumed she would need. She was correct.

"He's just a big child with a lot of money. You can handle this. You've dealt with super powered assholes before." she said with a positive grin and she headed down the hall to hopefully find a shower that wasn't inside her bedroom. The little hike was almost pleasant. As the drums faded she made her way down to the ground floor. The massive home felt oddly empty, probably due to her secluded wing, and it being unfinished. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad, she could spend most of her time by herself or making friends with some of the less social resident that prefer a quieter conversation or coffee on the beach. She strolled down to the first bathroom and just as she realized the water was running she walked in on a fully naked Greg lathering his beard as the sound of heavy metal rumbled over waterproof speakers.

"Morning." he yawned.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yes, really. It's morning. 5 Am." he scoffed, taking a swig from the gallon jug of, what she could only guess was flammably high-proof.

"Alright, I'll ask. Are there any individual showers in this complex or are they just group showers on every floor?"

"You, know...if you'd check the app I gave you, you'd know that question. I believe in options. You want a secluded bath, we got those, secluded shower, got those. Pass me the soap. If you want a more open-air scrub, we got coed showers and if you really get to feeling weird you can snag a bar of soap and run into the ocean...seriously, soap please." he insisted. She rolled her eyes and handed him the bar.

"You think nudity is something I'm unfamiliar with. I'm almost 2 millennia old, I've been married 3 times and took a vacation in Vegas. This isn't anything new to me.

"Prove it. You came here to shower, there are 5 shower heads between mine and that one on the end.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" she said crossing her arms.

"It's a shower, not a gang-bang. I live with 5 different species of women that range from shy to nudist. I'm fairly sure I'm the first of my generation you've seen naked because I'm the only one left and I'm kinda rare. You, however, I've seen your kind left and right, so if anyone is likely to have a reaction, it's not me."

"I'm not that stupid Greg." she smirked. He chuckled, feeling like the won the game of naked chicken as he nearly took a swig from the conditioner and then realized which bottle was drinkable.

"That was almost bad." he laughed. "I just don't see why it's a big deal. You of all people should understand the difference between nudity and sex. Not everything natural is vulgar and vice versa." he said as the sound of footsteps approached.

"Expecting company?" she asked.

"Just got a new doctor on staff today, girls need checkups and bandaids and whatnot, why send them to the doctor with every headache and bumped elbow when you can have a doctor on the island? Security checks take forever down here. Enjoying the show?" he asked jokingly.