Ch16: Silken Rose

Zephyr walked through the doorway as the last attending bridge crewman to arrive at the meeting that Corbin wasn't invited to. He scanned the room with his red glowing eyes and sat down in the big chair.

"Gentlemen, ladies...Fae...I'm Captain Zephyr. I decided to have this meeting to get to know the bridge crew I will be commanding. I need to know each of you personally if this ship is to run like a well lubed machine of fortune. All of you are valuable and it takes a crew of men and women...and fish apparently...that work together as a team to get the job done. None of you are expendable, and I want each of you think of me as not only your Captain, but as your friend." he finished. A hand raised in the back.

"Where is Commander Corbin?" he asked.

"Corbin is a jackass, screw Corbin, we don't need him bringing down our confidence and teamwork." Zephyr said waving the holographic screen online and showing the mission overview. "Our maiden voyage is to the Silken System. This is very important to the Empire, we have been tasked with bringing some extremely important goods from there to Nogrea." he explained. "And if anyone wants to say something, state your name and occupation and why you are with us on this fine ship."

"Tactical Commander Kephi Makenna, FaeAcademy of Warfare. I'm here because I like a challenge." grinned the tall, very intimidating fit blonde with short blonde hair tucked behind her pointed ears.

"Nice to see you again Keph." He sighed.

"So...honorable leader of the SS Anubis...what's the important cargo?" she asked crossing her arms.

"Classified." he replied.

"Really? I am the Tactical Commander, so I should have clearance to know any cargo we may be hauling. Anything potentially dangerous or volatile?" she asked.

"I'm not at liberty to say, Keph. Top clearance only. it could be medicine, important leaders who don't want their presence known, or even weaponry that you don't have the- Keph...are you even listening or are you playing on your tablet?" he scolded.

"Oh I'm just looking up the cargo manifest for the mission, I got it here. Looks like a bunch of spices and luxury food goods." she yawned.

"That's probably what it is supposed to say...officially. You don't log your secret cargo in the books, you make up something mundane." he explained.

"No, you generally just mark it classified and have a clearance code. This was just public record. Actually, it's a lot of contraband that was pre-approved so if anything, this would be suspicious and not at all mundane. I'm pretty sure this is just a delivery for some rich guy who wanted special goods he couldn't get through normal transportation. Nothing important, just party goods." she shrugged.

"Maybe, then again maybe it's something so valuable they didn't want to make it known. It's not our place to pry." he said moving on. "And what about you?" he asked the young lady in medical white.

"Doctor Akeeva North. Ship medic is one of my dual purpose jobs on this ship." she replied formally.

"Every spaceship needs a sexy doctor. And what is your second job on this ship, you lovely little thing?" he asked suavely putting his foot on the desk rung.

"Human Resources, mostly sexual harassment cases between the species." she said looking less than thrilled.

"Well, shit...anyway that's about it for the introductions except for our safety video.