Chapter Eight

Summer Danvers

"Hello Summer! This is your manager, Layla." Adam introduces me to a lady with light blonde hair.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you Summer." Layla says to me, holding out a hand. I shake it.

"Hi Layla." I smile at her.

"So, Layla you should probably show Summer around and get her hair and stuff done. You have an hour." Adam says and walks away.

"So, I'll show you around quickly, but before I do that, could I have your phone number? Since I'm going to be your manager, l need to keep track of what time you need to be here, and things like that." Layla says, and I hand her my phone, and she types her number in, and she hands me her phone and I type my number in too. "You seem like a quiet girl, Summer." Layla says to me as she leads me down a corridor.

"Well.... I guess.... I dunno." I shrug as Layla laughs and opens a door.

"This is your dressing room." Layla says, and gestures to the next door. "And this is Sean's." Layla says, a smile creeping up to her face. "I just thought you would like to know." She adds. Layla just shows me around and then we head back to my dressing room to get me ready for the first scene. I did go over my lines last night, like I always do before I do a performance. But in this case, it's not a performance. This is real. More serious. Layla hands me some clothes to put on, and the stylists do my hair.

"I might have to dye the ends of your hair pink. Just a bit at the ends. It will go away eventually, but I think you'll look gorgeous with it. Is that alright?" One of the stylists asks me.

"That's fine." I say. "Thanks." The stylist nods to me and puts some make up on me, as the other stylist puts the pink in my hair.

"Okay, you're ready." Layla says and leads me out on set, where all the cameras are getting set up. "Just go over your lines again, while they're getting ready." Layla says, and I nod and she heads over to Adam, who's talking to a camera man. I see Sean sitting on a chair behind the cameras, on his phone. I look at my lines, going over them.

"So, have you remembered everything?" Kaitlyn approaches me, her lines in her hand.

"I-I think so."

"Wow, you look really pretty with your hair like that." Kaitlyn compliments. I glance at a nearby mirror. My hair is just straightened, normally it's straight with a slight curl to it, I guess you could describe my hair as wavy. The stylists died my hair a bit pink on the edges, finding the right shade of pink to match my blonde hair.

"Oh thanks." I say. "You look really pretty too." Kaitlyn's dark hair is normally curly, but her stylists must've straightened her hair as well. But honestly, she suits any type of hair styling.

"Okay, girls! Get into position!" Adam says over his loudspeaker. Me and Kaitlyn look at each other, and smile as we head in front of the cameras. "And.... Action!"

***

"What?!" Savannah screeches, and all eyes land on her, and her lunch table. She's looking at Raymond, and I frown as I wonder what's going on.

"Sorry Savannah." Raymond says, and shrugs.

"How can you break up with me?" Savannah hisses, but everyone, including me could obviously hear her. "I gave everything to you. I really liked you Ray."

"Uh-oh, Savannah rage alert." Brittany whispers to me.

"Yup." I mutter, and look at Savannah.

"Sorry Savannah." Ray runs a hand through this hair.

"That's it? A sorry?"

"Well what else am I supposed to say?"

"I was dreaming of us being crowned prom king and queen. It would've been perfect." Savannah gushes dramatically. I roll my eyes as I play with my food.

"This just isn't gonna work out." They were both talking more quietly now, but all eyes were still on them, since Savannah caught everyone's interest after her little yell.

"It could still work, Ray." Savannah's voice quivers a little.

"No Savannah, I'm sorry, but we have to break up." Ray runs a hand through his hair.

"Why?"

"Savannah, I-"

"Ray, please?" Savannah pouts. I see Brittany out of the corner of my eye, rolling her eyes.

"Savannah-" Raymond stops mid-sentence as Savannah suddenly crashes her lips onto his. They stay in that position for a mere few seconds until Ray pushes her off of him, and storms out of the cafeteria. Savannah, being the drama queen she is, falls onto the ground, faking a fall, but Raymond doesn't even look back.

***

"Miss Danvers? Do you know the answer to that question?" Mrs McLeen, my Social Studies teacher asks me.

"Is it Europe?" I say, and Mrs McLeen nods in approval.

"Correct. Well done Summer." Mrs McLeen says, and talks on about stuff. I zone out again.

"Summer, is there something wrong?" Trinity whispers to me.

"I'm just sort of confused." I whisper back.

"With what?"

"It hasn't even got anything to do with me though." I frown. Why am I confused? What's wrong with me? It's got absolutely nothing to do with me!

"What is it?"

"I don't know..... It's just that Ray dated Savannah for like a few days and then just..... Dumped her." I shrug.

No. I'm not going to care. It has nothing to do with me! Why should I care about Ray's love life?

-------------

Sorry this chapter's a bit short, but I'm working on making the future chapters longer. Hope you enjoyed it! :)