Chapter Twenty-Seven

Summer Danvers

"Do you have to go onto set again, today?" Mom asks me as I hop into the car.

"Yeah, just for a bit today, I'm not in much scenes that they're shooting today." I say, as Riley hops in the car. Mom starts up the ignition, and she drives to set. When we get there, I say my goodbyes and head in.

"Hey, Summer." Sean says to me when I walk in.

"Oh hey."

"So..... I was just wondering... If... Maybe you wanted to hang out? I mean, I know you've got a boyfriend and everything..... But-"

"I don't have a boyfriend." I interrupt him.

"Oh." He says and I swear I saw some type of emotion pass through his eyes but I can't quite figure what it is.

"And it would be great," I say. "To hang out I mean."

"Oh really?" He says, and I give him a smile and nod. "Thanks."

"No problem. You don't need to thank me anyway."

"Still. So do you want to meet in front of the mall?"

"Yeah, sure. But uh, can you go to the mall?"

"I'll have a disguise, so people will have a hard time noticing who I am."

"Yeah. I-"

"You two! Hurry up and go to your dressing rooms now! We have to start filming." Adam says, and we reluctantly head over to our dressing rooms.

"Well, see you soon." I say.

"Yeah. See you." He says and I head into the room.

***

"And, action!"

"Okay, okay. Truth or dare time!" Kaitlyn says as me, her, Sean, and some others sit in a circle. Kaitlyn is on the left of me and Sean is on the right.

"I.... I don't think....." I trail off as Kaitlyn interrupts.

"Don't be ridiculous Thalia. You'll be fine." She gives me a mischievous smile as we get into the game.

"Cut! Okay, next scene!" Adam says. "Camera rolling.... And action!"

"Okay, so is it my turn?" Kaitlyn says, pointing to herself.

"Yeah." A guy around our age says.

"Okay..... Thalia.... Truth or dare?" Kaitlyn turns to me. I open my mouth, as if thinking about this.

"Dare?" I say uncertainly.

"Okay....." Kaitlyn's eyes trail over to Sean, and then back to me. And I know exactly what's coming, it was in the script and I remember perfectly what's going to happen next. Kaitlyn pretends to think about this for a while, and she claps her hands together. "Yes! I have the perfect one! I dare you to kiss the person on your right." My eyes flicker over to my right, where Sean's sitting. My heart does a small flip, and I suddenly get nervous about kissing Sean.

"Um, I-" I trail off.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!" People around the circle chants, and I swear I saw a bit of pink tinge across Sean's cheeks, but maybe that was my imagination, or his acting. Sean and I lean in slowly, and then I feel his gentle lips on mine, and our lips move together, in sync. We both pull away from the kiss slowly, and when Sean's eyes meet mine, I start blushing furiously, and seriously, that is not, not I tell you, my oh-so-stunning acting skills.

"Well, Thalia, it's your turn." Kaitlyn says.

"Cut! Good job, all of you." Adam says. "And Summer, that's it for you today, you deserve a big rest so thank you."

"That's alright. Thanks." I say as I step out of camera range and into my dressing room.

------------

Hey guys! If any of you are cover makers, feel free to send me one, and I'll do a dedication for you!

This chapter was dedicated to @Fashiondiva0211 for voting for a lot of chapters in this book! Thanks so much! xx