You aren't who I thought you were...

( it's literally 7am and i pulled an all nighter so sorry if this chapter is literal shit. i was watching the umbrella academy in between paragraphs lmao )

'°•+ Saihara's POV +•°'

I awoke to see 14 familiar faces staring down at me. " Hey, need some help, side kick? " Kaito held out his hand so that I could get up from the dirty ground.

I looked around, we were in a courtyard. Cars and planes were passing by - it was a perfectly normal day. Wait a minute- Kaito? I blinked twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

" K-Kaito? " I stuttered.

" The real deal! Kaito Momota the Luminary of the Stars, " the purple haired figure called out. " Now come on, get up sidekick! "

I took Kaito's hand pretty sure I was dreaming. Most of these people surrounding me had died in the killing game. Where was this place?

" K-Kaede? "
Tears started streaming from my eyes.
" I missed you so much... "
I wanted to apologize for everything. I falsely accused her and she went along with it.

" I missed you too Saihara, "

A soft smile spread across her cheeks.

" Wait but d-didnt you- you know... "

" It's okay Saihara, you can say I died. "

" But most of you died? So w-where are we all? "

" Beats me bro... I think I'm still alive I'm sure of it! "

" But I saw you die Kaito! Monokuma executed you when you killed Ko- "

Where was Kokichi.

" Keep going... " Kaito said confused.
" Guys, where's kokichi? " I said worried. I know he had good intentions, he could of atleast told us his plan. I know he acted like a liar but he, he isn't that bad. He was just trying to protect us all.

" He started acting all weird and stuff, the little fuckin' actress! He started sobbing or some shit. " Miu called out.
" He's over by the benches, I wouldn't suggest talking to him. " Maki said.

Ignoring the others ignorance I ran over to Kokichi.

He was quivering, almost as if he was cold. He was crying into his sleeve. What the hell... This wasn't like him at all?

He looked up and spotted me and just froze in place. He seemed paralyzed.

" Ouma are you okay? I just saw you crying and- "

" S-s-s-stay away f-from me creep! "

He tried to protect himself. I think he was scared of me?

" Hey calm down, what's wron- "

" P-p-please don't, " he stuttered. " I'll do a-anything you say j-just don't h-h-hurt me! "

Was he afraid of me?

" Ouma- "

He pushed me backwards in fear. His eyes red and watering. He was terrified of me. What did I do? This new Kokichi was so.. different.

" Kokichi I'm not going to hurt you. "

'°•+ Ouma's POV +•°'

" Kokichi I'm not going to hurt you. "

What does he mean? He can't be serious? All of those people over there have hurt me. Except Kiibo and Angie. They were the only ones who were nice to me. Kiibo and Angie aren't really my friends but they're all I've got. They didn't seem to come over to me though. I don't blame them really. Kiibo always used to tease me about everything. I told him to stop but he thinks it's funny and calls me " Boring " if I don't go along with it...

I think the only reason Angie is really friends with me is because she wants more people to join her religion. Her God is name Atua. She said he speaks through her or something. Honestly it'd be pretty cool if more people care about it. I feel bad for her...

And then there was Saihara. I wouldn't call him a friend. He wasn't evil or anything but he just hung out with Kaito and Kaede. They were the scariest in the school. I don't know why he did he just... did. I don't know what he's talking about though.

" W-what do you mean ? "

My stutter was something I've always had. I've never been confident. Well I used to be but... Momota happened. He bullies me all the time so when I saw him I just wanted to run as far away as possible. But, he. He would've killed me if I would've left. Literally. But he said he wouldn't hurt me. I'm just so confused.

" Ouma I'm not going to hurt you, your my friend. I would never hurt you, I care about you! "

My cheeks flushed red. He cared about me? Is this even Shuichi?

'°•+ Saihara's POV +•°'

" Ouma I'm not going to hurt you, your my friend. I would never hurt you, I care about you! "

Did I really just say that? God I'm suck a dork.. My cheeks grew red. I'm so stupid, god! I was just trying to make him feel better.

He looked up at me and wiped his face with his sleeve. He was blushing as well. Shit.

" T-t-thankyou... "

" It's fine. Now can you tell me what's going on? "

As soon as I said that a voice rang throughout the 'streets'. And all the cars stopped moving, so did the clouds.

" Puhuhuhu!~ "

858 words 😳