two

cory

Cory scanned the vicinity, the candle lighting was in Brownsville, Brooklyn so he needed to pay attention to his surroundings.

He noticed one particular female staring at him, she stood to be about 5'3, the sun bounced off of her skin creating a radiant glow, her cat shaped eyes was decorated with short minks, since she never really liked wearing excessive long lashes.

Cory was used to females just staring, but he hated it, he thought it was rude, so he mugged her before waltzing away.

"i'm glad you could make it." said teary eyed Sarai. Sarai was Lewis's girlfriend and baby mother.

she had her daughter on her hip as she greeted all the people she knew.

"why wouldn't i come? he's my cousin..." cory answered smartly.

"i- i was just trying to be friendly.." she said taken aback by his statement.

Cory was always some where being rude, he never means to be hostile on purpose that's just who he was.

Kendrick approached Cory while laughing, "you always dissin someone." kendrick was a kiss ass and everyone knew it. He wanted to be more than a corner boy so bad.

Cory didn't even answer him, let alone look his way. Cory went else where, he was ready to light some candles, say a prayer and go to morgan's house. He was starting to get frustrated since everyone kept wanting to converse with him when he was there for his cousin and no one else.

"hey baby." Cory heard his mother say. He didn't get upset about her calling him baby in public— niggas knew what was up about him.

"hey ma." he said letting off a small smile. she was probably the only person he wanted to see right now. "you doing alright?"

"yes, you haven't been by the house in a minute.. what? you too good for family now or something? tracy misses you." his mom spilled.

Cory had 3 siblings, he had a older brother who was in prison, and younger brother that's 18 but is a senior in highschool and his baby sister tracy who's only 11.

"nah i just be busy that's all." he said biting down on his bottom lip looking elsewhere.

it's true, he traveled a lot, he was rarely seen in his home town.

"well i'll be cooking a dinner sunday, come. i'm sure your siblings would love to see you."

Cory just nodded his head.

bleu

"how's the adult life treating you?" Bleus mom (Crystyn) asked.

Bleu made a visit to her moms house to check up on her.

"so far so good, no complaints, happy to finally be on my own."

indeed she was, she was sick and tired of her mother's bickering.

"i just can't believe my baby is all grown up.."

"Believe it, but i have to go. My car needs an oil change." bleu said while dangling her keys.

"im worried about your brother." crystyn spoke.

bleu thought about her brother, he was always the problem child, he fought 24/7 in school and gotten expelled from several, his grades were somehow always on point though. Now he scams, sell weed here and there and is a local rapper.